Secundary skills. Do you use them?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Jul 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

Skills like prowling ,repair ,spot traps and disarm traps aren't very used.So,I'm asking: are they worth investing so many points into them??

2. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

not really unless you have some extra points you have nothing to put them in

3. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Disarm and spot traps is good if your character is weakened or has low armor hit points. Not the most useful skill, but it still good to have.

Prowling can be very useful if you are a theif. You can sneak by people if they are too powerful to fight, and it is uesful if you a place is busy with lots of people and you need to pick a lock. The higher it is the more resistant you are to creatuers/people with high perception.

And repair has to be one of the most useful secondary skills there are. Armor and weapons get damaged a lot, so with the higher your repair skill is, the more you repair an item each time, and the less its overall hit point count is lowered.

4. Luinil

Luinil New Member

theres no such thing as extra cps...

5. Luinil

Luinil New Member

prowling is especially nice for thieves, but it can be useful for other characters who dont want to fight masses of guys. if your a thief player like me, repair doesnt matter because you can just buy new stuff most of the time, btw does anyone know how to get jongle to talk to you again after you give the constable the sprocket?

6. Riddle master

Riddle master New Member

Jongle's quest has to be done before you give sprocket to constable.

7. Gunthor

Gunthor New Member

Alright, prowling is useful when you're stealing something from right under someone's nose, and it's also useful once you get to Master level. You can hide during combat at that level. Repair's nice when you're constantly fighting Metal/Stone/Fire enemies and you're a techie. You can also repair Automatons with it. Spot traps is fun, and saves you some hit points, but Virgil (or one of the other healers in the game) can heal you if you happen to step on a trap. Disarm trap is completely useless as far as I can see.

8. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Repair-very useful
    Disarm traps-mostly useless
    Spot traps-more useful than disarm traps, but not really useful
    Prowling-only useful for thieves

9. Luinil

Luinil New Member

so theres no way to get him to talk to me again?

10. Milo

Milo New Member

Nope. He's pretty pissed off after you help the mayor repair the thing that you just helped Jongle destroy.

11. Luinil

Luinil New Member

yeah, that kinda makes sense...

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I wonder if destroying the steam engine again allows you to continue with Jongle? I've never tried it, but it would make sense.

13. Loki

Loki New Member

If you are a sharpshooter than prowling could also be useful.

14. Settler

Settler Member

Yeah, in the Sour Barnacle in Blackroot, you can steal Seadrick's map (even though you don't need it) if you're on NO pickpocket skill, if you get him drunk, then prowl - nice. :)

15. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Prowling RULES, do not insult prowling in my presnce, I suppose I'll let you off, I haven't told anyone about how I stood behind Kerghan and killed him with backstab wiothout him seing me.

If you get disarm traps and do the master quest you get glasses of +2 dx and pewhich are really nice, also when you've done spot tpap master quest with xpert disarm traps, you never need to buy batteries or arrows again.

16. BadKarma

BadKarma New Member

firstly:

hi, first poster here :)

secondly:

prowling rules .... but makes your character a bit too strong imho, a thief with high dodge/melee/backstabbing/prowling skills owns and doesn't need any followers (especially if you learn the healing spells/techs)

I can kill most enemies (thusfar) with a single blow (and I'm not even a master at prowling/backstabbing yet)

my lvl 20 mage char had lot's of difficulties getting through the black mountain mines in one piece, with my lvl 18 thief it was a sinch, the ore golems couldn't even touch me ....

just last nighted I started over with a magickal thief type char, going to try to get through the game alone and killed virgill (but I should really just finish it first with one char, but creating different chars is just so much fun :))

17. Arachnid_Boy

Arachnid_Boy New Member

Just goes to show how creative you can be in Arcanum. THANK GOD FOR TROKIA!!!!!!! All hail Trokia!!!!!! :lol:

A_B

Our Host!