'Second Variety' by Philip K. Dick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RC6X03NX, Mar 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Does anyone have an idea as to where (on the internet) I might find a copy of this story?

2. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

http://www.google.com/

Did you try using the Google search engine? :thinker:

BTW, where the hell did retard disappear to?

3. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Well, duh! Of course I did. Do you think this would be the first place I asked?
    The thing is all I find on Google is places tho buy the book which contains this short story, and I wondered if anyone knew of a free online-edition of it.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Me still here. I check in every day, but I usually just lurk.

5. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Lurk, Lurk.

Back on topic. I think you'll just have to shuffle over to your local bookstore (or whatever) and shell out a couple of bucks for it in a volume of short stories.

6. RayCide

RayCide New Member

RC6X03NX, is it beacause of the movie you want to read the story?

(No, I haven´t read the story).

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Haunt used bookstores & buy all the P. K. D. you can find. He is a great writer as well as one of the looniest people ever to make a living as a writer, a profession full of wierdos. If you don't like the books, hang onto them for the investment. His earlier stuff is more accessable to the intelect. I am a fan & have some trouble with his later stuff. It can get seriously mind warping.

As well as the handful of movies properly atributed to his works, at least 20 more have been strongly influnced by his writings.

8. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Yes, I will do so. Although I think it will be hard to find english versions of his books in the bookstores. And the library only has Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? (which I have almost finished) and Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said (which doesn't seem very interesting).

RayCide: Well yes, partly. That is a Great movie.

(Oh look, I am a Journeyman now)

9. RayCide

RayCide New Member

RC6X03NX, go and rent the movie Enemy of the Earth. (It´s real name is Impostor, but in Sweden it was renamed for some reason) I assume you´ve seen the other movies based on his books.

The library here (Umeå) has some of his books in English. VALIS, Radio Free Albemuth and A Scanner Darkly if I´m not mistaken.

Just curious, you don´t like to read translated novels? I don´t either, but when it comes to Dick I´m forced to.

Until next time, hade bra!

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

It truly is very interesting. It is also partily based on his life, like so much of his later stuff. A much eaiser read than Valis. Vallis? His used stuff is rapidly disapearing into glass cased shelves. A new printing of a lot of his writings is out in trade size. Still coming out?

Try Powell's. com. Maybe no '.

Our Host!