Science Fair Projects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xento, Oct 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

Alright. Sorry for my quick words... I mostly get that stuff from my Dad.... I consider him right...

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Hoho - me too. It's funny, but I STILL find myself presenting stuff I learned from my dad as hard fact.

3. xento

xento New Member

What kind of stuff did your dad talk to you about?
    My dad usually talks plotics and cattle ranching. Both boring subjects in my opinion, so I usually keep away from his blabbing by going on the computer... Is that good or bad?

4. Sheriff Fatman

My dad talks about all kinds of stuff. He's 70 years old and had a very varied life (including a lot of travel with the army and merchant navy). He's also got a strong interest in history. He reads a lot of fantasy books too.

Probably history and politics are the two subjects where I need to check up on some of the facts he tells me. He's actually usually right, and knows a hell of a lot more than I do, but noone is right about everything. Foreign cultures is one of the areas where I need to be very careful. He's a bit prone to stereotyping and also buys into "common knowledge" facts sometimes.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The rocket engine is English too. It was stolen by the Germans, improved using captured, bribed and defected scientists, and then stloen back by the British at a later date with all the improvements.

And the Japanese are innovative now, but their entire technological grounding was established by disassembling and copying other country's products. They got really good at producing high quality copies, and learned enough technological knowledge to actually start producing their own high quality products during the late 1900's - especially electronics.

6. Sheriff Fatman

That reminds me - the transistor was invented in Britain, too. So was snobbery.

7. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

We knew that.

8. Milo

Milo New Member

So was buggery, which is why the Puritans left England and started God's Country (aka USA). Or so my dad tells me. I once read an alternate theory re: the origins of buggery on this board, which stated that buggery was invented in a bed in Paris 900 years ago.

But I don't give a shit about any of those inventions. My people invented the yoyo and this little stool with a tiny shovelhead sticking out used to quickly and efficiently make mounds and mounds of grated coconut. Also, hot hot women coveted the world over by men of all races.

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

The norwegians invented the skiis (dunno if that is the correct typing) The absolutly best way to move on snow.

10. Sheriff Fatman

In that case, Brits invented the dreary, hunched shuffle - absolutely the best way to travel in rain.

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

You also invented fottbal idiots wich mut one of the most dangerous weapons in all time. Glad the geneve convention banned use of them in warfare.

12. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Huh. That's odd. Other than Shania Twain, Pamela Anderson, and I believe Brooke Sheilds, I don't really know any hot, hot Canadians.

13. Sheriff Fatman

I know what you're saying, but we have to protect ourselves, man. It's inevitable that other countries have secret hooligan development programs, and we're not going to be left behind.

14. Milo

Milo New Member

You left out the light of your life, Celine Dion. Hahahaha, you wiener. I can't believe you admitted that you liked her publicly.

And stop it with the Canadian stuff. I am proud to be a Filipino who's had every last bit of his original culture stamped out by the crushing weight of America. I'm probably about as ethnic as Sheriff Fatman is. Sad, but there's always my inborn yoyo profiency +5. And I get silly with the coconut grating stool. SILLY.

15. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Well, she doesn't really qualify as "hot". Besides, she's not the light of my life. Barbara Streisand is.

Well, Sheriff Fatman is ethnic. He's always talking about that ass following him around. Sounds to me like he's Arabic or something.

Also, is there something I need to know about the Canadian stuff? I assumed it started with S_F's post earlier. I just joined in. Is there some long-standing joke about Milo being Canadian that I don't know about?

16. Milo

Milo New Member

You mean other than Canada being an Alliance of Evil? I'm as open-minded and non-nationalistic as any man can be, but those Canadians...

17. Sheriff Fatman

Sounds like somebody is having an ethnicity crisis ...

BTW, I'm as ethnic as the next man. Everyone is 100% ethnic, it's just a question of placement.

18. Milo

Milo New Member

Oh, c'mon. You need flava to be ethnic. Granted using you was a bad example, Sheriff. You are ethnic by marriage. Where before you were a White Guy, now you are a meaty steak of ethnosity.

19. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think the Aussies must have invented slang, because it's pretty much the entire language here. Or at least, lazy talking. I really have to concentrate to say Australia correctly. Most of the time it just comes out as "Ostraya". And my accent isn't even that heavy (although at times it is, and I blame it on my four years being in a boarding house filled primarily with country bumpkins, who's mothers for some strange reasons have very posh and almost British accents).

Our Host!