Schematic Availablity

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Glupii, Dec 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Glupii

Glupii New Member

OK I have two games going. In the first I have a tech dwarf, and in the second a human that I have maintained a balance of 0 between magic and tech. I have noticed that my dwarf gets offered alot of schematics at places like the normal armorer in Tarant but my human does not get offered any. (only the rare occasion in the tech shops does he get offered a schematic to buy)

Is this by design or just coinsidence? Does the game take into account your tech aptitude before offering you shematics for sale? Or is all this just part of my vivid and active imaginations....like those pink and purple smirf things that always attack me when I leave Tarant, or the little green martian at the stillwater bar that always hits on me and asks me to buy a drink?

2. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

No, I think it's deliberate. Most likely designed to stop low tech characters obtaining schems. for high tech weapons then using tech manuals to make them all.

What I have noticed though, is that in all sewers and temples and everywhere you go exploring, there are always hundreds of items for magick characters, but nothng for techs. Except filaments or bullets. I'm sure this was done because magick is an ancient art, but tech in the mainstream is new in Arcanum. But if I'm playing as a tech, I have no incentive to go exploring because I konw there will be nothing of use anywhere.

*realises that he's just been ranting, apologises humbly and steps down from his soapbox*

3. Lycander

Lycander New Member

does dat mean the higher ur tech amplitude,the higher ur chance of getting a schematic fr tech shops?

4. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

I found that the higher your tech aptitude, the more likely you are to get a GOOD schematic (eg. flame thrower, tesla gun, medical arachnid etc.)

5. Lycander

Lycander New Member

Can anyone tell me whether blade launchers are common in tarant gun shop?

6. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

Actually I found the schem. for the Blade Launcher in Wallow's Quality Armour, next door to the Gun Shop.

7. Lycander

Lycander New Member

Our Host!