Saving Troika?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Wintermute, Aug 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

Hello everybody! I was wondering. Troika was working on a Fallout-Like game. They have a huge number of RPG-Fans behind them. Wouldn't it be possible to collect enough Money to enable Troika to work on at least one game? I mean, the mystary engine looked like working. How much money could they need? Maybe there are people that could do bit of work externaly for free. I mean there are hundreds of MOD-programmers. They would be proud to work on such a game.

Maybe this is just a stupid idea, but i keep dreaming...

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

keep on dreamin... oh, and while ye do, change your avatar. someone else took it before you. ;)

3. stang4me2

stang4me2 New Member

i too wish it would happen, but no matter how great the game is, no one is going to be willing to work on it for free

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

As DarkUnderlord may tell you, it was too hard to raise money for this, imagine reviving Troika.

5. Baal

Baal New Member

They would be needing thousands of dollars to make a new game, I don’t think there going to get that much by begging.

If you wanted to save Arcanum, we might be able to convince another company to take up where Troika left off and make an Arcanum 2.

6. stang4me2

stang4me2 New Member

i don't think it was popular enough that any company would try it :cry:

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, then, maybe someday we can have our own company... Though I don't think it would be that great to play a game you've made yourself.

8. stang4me2

stang4me2 New Member

i think the only reason arcanum didn't sell so well was because it wasn't advertised hardly at all, every once in a while i would read about it on a site, but i think that was only because i was looking it :/
    on top of that, when you release a game, you should make sure there are no bugs or as least as possible :)
    i think if they had done that alot of you guys that have just recently started playing a year or 2 ago would have bought it when it was realsed, like i did

9. shakazed

shakazed New Member

Yeah they would prolly need more than a couple of thousand dollars. It´s a HUGE investment making a game. That´s why developers are so afraid to try out new ideas.
    I bought the game as soon as it got out, because I loved Fallout so much I just couldn´t miss this one. It´s sad Troika won´t be finishing their next game, hopefully someone picks it up sometime, in the meantime i´ll just wait for the english version of The Fall, it seems like an awesome game.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

As much as your post actually WAS contributing, this topic is a month old, please, don't "gravedig" :)

Our Host!