Save Games Wanted

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by DKoepp, Jun 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

This is the creator of the save game editor. I am in need of various save games for Arcanum so I can resume working on the item editor I started. Now if I can get save games from various places with various characters and items it should speed up the research time so I can put out the editor. If you are willing to send me a save game, send it to DKoepp913@aol.com
    I would appreciate any help I can get.

2. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

item editor

would this be the sort of thing where you could edit the save game and give the characters items in the game? if this is so then i think that it is a good idea.

I would also like to say that you did a good job on your last project (the save game editor). it was excelent.

Keep up the good work!

3. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Yes the item editor is going to be a portion of the save game editor when it finished so you can either hopefully give items or at the least change items you already have into different items if giving items is impossible. Changing items I already know can be done as I have done it manually already. Also going to be included in the new editor is a prototype editor so people can make there own items or change existing items for Arcanum. That portion I already have a good start on and should be finishing up the weapon related flags today which would mean that weapon prototypes will be able to make and change. It also means I could use some help testing out each of the prototypes to make sure they work. If any is interested in that email me at the address I posted above.

4. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

Item editor

Sounds like it will be a very good program. i can't wait until you finish it. when i have a save game i will send it to you. i would also be willing to test out your program when you have it at a stage at which it can be tested.

5. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Just a quick update on the prototype editor. I suffered some setbacks when working with the weapon prototypes and to put it bluntly, I have given up the idea of being able to change them. However I have found a way to create them that so far seems to work everytime. So the prototype editor is now going to only be a prototype creator. I should have the it done soon. The only major thing to do before it is ready is to collect the information for all the weapon graphics so you will be able to change the graphics in a new prototype.Hopefully I should see the first release of the prototype creator out by end of the weekend.

6. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

editor

what does this mean? that we will be able to create new weapons in the game? i have thought of a good suggestion that you might use. in your save game editor v1.8 you have created a section where you can swap certain schematics for other schematics, is it possible to do this with weapons? If yes then i think that it would be good if you incorporated this into the program.

7. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Yes when it is finished you will be able to add new weapons to the main Arcanum game. Though after creating the file you will either have to make a new background to give the item to or edit the shopkeeper file so they sell it in order to get the item to appear in the game. As for swapping weapons and other items that is what the item editor portion of the editor is intended to do. I have swapped weapons manually before so I know it can be done, while like the schematic section adding item seems to fail everytime and thus only swapping will occur. The thing with this section as i said before is that item placement in the savefile moves around throughtout the game and I will need savefiles from different places in the game in order to create a formula that will successfully find the items every time.

8. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

save games

there is a site on the internet that you can get save games from. look for any tutorials on background editing and when you find the russian? site that has it, look for other arcanum downloads, there are about 3-4 save games that you can download. hope this helps.

9. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

save game editor

how is it coming along? i found looking back at some of the older posts that there is a weapons editor on a website. ie you load the weapon on the website from the list, you edit it how you want and then download it to be used. i am not sure how you would be able to incorporate those items into the game.

10. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

It is coming along nicely. I have collected all the information on the weapon graphics I need and started to program it into the editor. Just a few bugs to work out there and it should be ready. I am hoping to have it out real soon.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People who use these editors are people who are too lazy to PLAY THE GAME. :thumbdown:

12. Trekkerdude

Trekkerdude New Member

lazy people

i would have to mostly disagree with you there. it may be that some people are finding it incredable hard to play and so need a little help to get themselves going again. i may also be that people have played the game through normally and wish to find out what it would be like if they changed things.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not completely untrue, I guess. *sigh*

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I love the editor, it's great when your modding. I play the game normally, but when I need to test a change half-way through a mod, I don't like being tortured by all the monsters I put in between here and there. If you need the editor to beat the game, then you haven't really beaten the game, but if you use it for testing and such, go for it.

15. voidknight_27

voidknight_27 New Member

I agree too. Play the same storyline, map and character everytime gets a little boring and mods just solve this by giving us freedom to create more maps and chara

16. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I apologize for kinda grave digging, but what ever happened to your idea? was it finished? I've got your char edit and love it... but what about the item edit? I haven't heard anything about it... is it still in the works or did you give up?

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I can't answer for Dkoepp, but I do know there were some problems with the item editor. Right now I'm curious about the graphics he was working on, I'm testing the editor and the only weapon with graphics is the bow, and that is shooting out concrete blocks, not arows.

18. Silvio-Arjunza

that could actually be fairly fun if you think about it... but anyway, I sent an email to Dkoepp and haven't gotten an email... someone else wanna try and contact him? (if you DO manage to get a hold of him PM me and I'll send him another message)

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I've noticed, he's not on alot. I actually saw him last night, but I was on my way to bed, and I didn't have it in my head to ask him. I don't know about the concrete, I would like a sheep launcher though :D

20. Silvio-Arjunza

sheep launcher... I personally want a blue bunny bow... :D it took too much work to find the lil fucker, and Virgil got mad at me for attacking him... I wanna shoot his furry little blue ass at enemies!! ok, I'm off to test the online version of Arcanum! ttyl!

Our Host!