Saddam has been sentenced...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Japes, Nov 5, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well yeah, if your at war. Which he officially wasn't he just didn't like the idea of anyone encroaching on his land. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same thing in his situation, I'm just saying he broke certain laws and conventions.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You've got it all wrong, it's as if you deliberately misunderstand everything people say. Tufte is a reality-TV show in which they put together a team of geeks and taught them football(real football, not that American shit). The point being, they suck at football, and then in the final episode of season 1 they played against "VÃ¥lerenga" a top division team.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

new theory: he's charles' younger, more retarded brother.

4. Xz

Yeah I get what you're saying, but then they still cant sentence him in Iraq, the only place they can is in Haag.

5. Vorak

Only if Iraq breached Geneva protocols and since he wasn't at war he couldn't have breached them in the first place. You can't commit war crimes if you aren't at war, instead you commit crimes against humanity and its up to the victors if and how you are tried.

6. Xz

Well, they can't sentence him for what they already have in any case. :p

7. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Know what 'Punk? I don't watch it. And I don't care if you think that the people of Norway have the sence of humour of a teenage child, 'cause I dont really feel like "the people of Norway". So you fail to insult me. Horribly. And sure, you can flame someone by throwing lots of swearwords at them, but where the fuck is the style in that?

8. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

I see. So when you say "The whoole nation", your actually talking out of your flatulence valve...

Furthermore, i wasnt trying to hurt your feelings nor make you feel insulted.
    Simply rediculing your, rediculous post.
    Please dont try an outwit me.
    Wont work.
    Not ever.

9. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I think you already did that yourself with the film comment.

10. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

Well look.
    I was being honest.
    Im talking in a matter of opinion.
    I respect people who have seen a lot of film.
    And i mean a lot.
    Why?
    Because it shows they have a wide variety of taste and that they are open minded.
    If they are characteristics that apply to a "Geek" then fine.

11. Vorak

Watching a lot of film doesn't really mean you have seen variety, you could have just watched a lot of teen movies and reality TV.

However being someone who has seen quite a lot of film and have even studied it at a tertiary level I can say that I only find myself applying how much film someone has seen to conversations about film. If I'm talking about ethics with 2 people and 1 of them has seen Metropolis I don't think they have a better opinion than the other guy by default.

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

You really like throwing the name of that film around, don't you? I remember you mentioning it before, here, and saying one of your friends was uninterested in it because, what was it, they didn't talk?

Don't think you're cooler than me because I haven't bothered to watch it yet.

13. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

No it doesnt.
    Thats why i said A Lot Of Film.
    When i say alot i mean a lot.
    Im talking at least 7-8 hours a day watching films from all different walks of life.
    Be it the 1932 Cult Classic "Freaks" or Kurusowa's revolutionary "Seven Samuai".
    Even mainstream Film.
    Not just "A few teen movies".

14. Vorak

I mentioned it in a talk about silent movies a while back. Its one of my favourite movies and you always tend to say what you know best.

If you want another example. I wouldn't judge someones opinion on war because they hadn't seen Things to Come.

15. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Yes, "a lot" means "a lot". It still refers to quantity rather than variety. Besides, 7-8 hours a day?? Either those people are professional critics, or they have way too much time on their hands.

16. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

Nor would i.
    I dont judge people full stop.
    But in my head, knowing that ive seen a lot of film makes me think im cooler than certain people. It's not like i posted saying, im way cooler than you because i have seen film and you have not. I simply said, i think, in my head im cooler than you.

Edit: Then i guess i have to much time.

17. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Vorak, no, I didn't want another example, all of this talk about movies makes me feel bad for not having seen them (those Japanese ones excluded) and you just made me feel worse.

HB, you don't go to school or have a job, right?

18. Vorak

Tarantino is the only person on Earth who is acknowledged as being cool for having seen a lot of film, but he is also generally acknowledged as being both a geek and a lunatic.

Watching 7 to 8 hours of film a day doesn't make you more informed, it makes you distant from the real world.

19. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

As a matter of a fact i do have a job.
    I work from home and i am in the buisness of buying and selling mass product.
    Ad far as me only seeing japanese films, my god he little you know.
    I simply like them the most.

And yes, Mertopolis was a truly brilliant film. Completely on par with Seven Samurai. Of course The Shape Of Things To Come was a good film as well.
    I wouldnt say it was a particularly well directed film but the premise and the evolution of ideas represented in that film far surpass anything i have seen.
    So two wrongs there MathBoy.
    Unlucky.

And on a note.
    Tarantino has not seen a lot of film.
    He has seen a lot of western's and a lot of Kung Fu. Even the odd sci-fi but by no means is he on par with those 7-8 hours a day people.

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Wait a minute, could you please point out my second error?

Though working from home selling stuff isn't really a job.

Our Host!