Resident evil 4 vs Kingdom Hearts 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter Quincy, Nov 5, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Resident Evil 4 or Kingdom Hearts II?

1. RE 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. KH II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [insert random option here]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Zombie killing is always on the top of my list. Even if it's a grocery list.

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

haven't played either, but i enjoyed watching fish beat the crap out of zombies more than i enjoyed watching really long cutscenes. although the tron level was cool. but the mermaids sucked. zombies trump mermaids any day.

4. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

Although i have spent many hours ripping through zombies on most of the Resident Evil games i am inclined to lean towards Kingdom Hearts 2.
    Now, im not a fan of Disney at all but i am on the other hand obsessed with Final Fantasy. To be honest Kingdom Hearts isn't even that much of a game to me. I just love to see those unforgettable characters one more time. (Like Cloud and Squall). Thats why seeing FFVII Advent Children was like "Cream In The Pants Party" for me.
    But don't get me wrong, Resident Evil 4 is a great game in my opinion. I do still prefer being Jill in the Mansion fucking everything up with a Grenade Launcher + Acid Rounds. Then maybe thats just me :lol:

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I am able to stand before you all and state that I have never actually played any of the Final Fantasy games.

But I'm not voting for Resident Evil either since the movie has just turned me away from the whole concept.

I am instead going to suggest that an Equilibrium game gets made, thats a good movie.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The only worthwhile FF games are the ones on my SNES emulator, although I admittedly have a slant towards FF7 as well.

Nowadays I'm too occupied with NWN2 though.

7. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Hey, did I miss the release of NWN2? Dammit... Anyway,I'll get it, one way or another. Tell me DE, is it worth buying?

8. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I only ever played Final Fantasy X, and only for about 20 minutes in which I made 0 choices.

9. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

I'm sorry no offense or disrespect but what the heck?

How can you say they are the only worthwhile ff games?
    If you mean in your opinion then fair enough but please don't say that.
    Final Fantasy practically invented the RPG Genre and FF7-10 were all truly great games. FF1-5, although very good games for their time they lacked everything in storyline and left a lot to be desired. FF6 of course being the exception. But if you want a really good game made by Squaresoft step away from the Final Fantasy Line and take a look at the old ones like "Secret Of Mana" and "Chrono Trigger". Truly magnificent games.
    And by the way, talking of FF10, yes it was quite inflexible for about six hours but after you break through the whole "Getting to know whats going on with the world" it becomes a truly very good and enjoyable game. I mean when you get an airship there becomes more possibilities on that game than any i have really seen. For instance, on what game can you train your characters up enough to be able to do 999 999 Damage in one hit?
    But who really cares.
    Arcanum wipes the floor with these games anyway. But if you have not played a Final Fantasy game then its a shame. That means you have missed something quite special.

10. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Final fantasy didn't invent the RPG genre, not even close They're hardly RPGs anyway. And they have done NOTHING at all to push the RPG genre forward if anything, they are pushing it packwards.

11. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

Well i don't want to argue.
    Someone's opinion is someones opinion but Final Fantasy was a turning point in the RPG Genre and did make RPG very popular. Before Final Fantasy there was very little in terms of RPG games. Maybe yeah now Final Fantasy isn't pushing the bounds of RPG to new era's but i wouldn't say its holding the Genre back.
    And as far as it not being RPG well yet again no disrespect but in every Final Fantasy game you are playing the role of somebody. And if you like it you are sucked into it. If you don't like Final Fantasy thats no problem at all. Like i said your opinion is your own.
    I just thought id give FF some back up :)

12. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I'm looking forward to Spore. And Voyage Century.

13. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

14. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Why the fuck do you join a forum if you don't want to argue? And, could you tell me one way Final Fantasy was a "turning point in the RPG genre"? Please, don't give me that shit, "you are playing a role of somebody", is just a very useless definition of anything remotely game related. Please, tell me a game where you aren't playing a role of somebody.

15. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

16. Steampunk

Steampunk New Member

Well Mathboy.
    Put simply, i don't want to argue because im sure that im very close to getting banned again and im trying to be as... Pleasant as possible.
    Like i said i wont argue but i will explain.

It was a turning point because it put the RPG genre out there and equal to that of say, platform or action/adventure.
    And yes. You are playing the role of a character. As you do in any game.
    The difference with FF is that you delve into a storyline mostly based on that character and you evolve or increase the power of that character. Also it delves that little bit further than most games would.
    For example your playing the old platform game StreeterFighter on the Snes.
    Lets say you pick a character like Ken.
    You use that character to fight others. You dont find out a great deal about the character and don't feel ultimately involved with the character or the game. But thats ok because thats not the kind of game its trying to be. Its trying to be a game where you pick a character, do a bit of fighting and get a nice little bit of story at the end.
    Final Fantasy in essence is like reading a story. But your a character in the story. Yes maybe its not the most flexible of stories but it is involving and does make you feel a part of it. The reason you don't define these games as RPG is because your idea of role play is slightly different. You think of role play as creating your own experience and characters and defining your own story. At least thats what im guessing.
    Like i said, your opinion is your opinion and i wont doubt that. Just please don't try and sound like your speaking facts.

And if you want the simplest of answer of reason as to why FF was what i said it was here it is.
    FF in the most successful line of RPG games ever created. It did revolutionize the RPG Genre because it got people interested in that type of game. But yet again, this is my opinion. :lol:

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

the only ff i've ever finished was the one with kefka. and i have a hankering to try my hand at ff7 since fish finished dirge of cerebus yesterday, but i don't hold out hope of finishing that one, either. the ff's are okay, and most of them are beautiful, but there's alot of games that held my attention way better. including hamham heartbreak.

18. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Spore will revolutionize gaming/the game-industry. Seriously.

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm already in total thrall of Spore. i'm drooling with anticipation. *shudders with preconcieved pleasure*

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

They might have brought Japaneese "RPG"s to a bigger crowd, but that still doesn't mean anything to the RPG genre.

In Streetfighter there are lots of different ending sequences, depending on who you play you get information about the character from the ending. Is it an RPG then? And by the way, why do you compare Final Fantasy to an arcade game? The reason there's a lot less text in it might be because it was created to be played for just a short while, but it still is an RPG, because I know I really feel like I'm playing Ken Masters who
    Still EVERY GAME is about playing a character, so why do you call them "RPG"s if they're basically interactive fiction (adventure games)?

Our Host!