Ranking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aquestionmarkperson, Jun 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

... and if you weren't born yesterday and had instead joined the forum a while ago, you'd understand why.

NO.

What is this? A charity? People think they get to ask about these things now-a-days? Sheesh... That's the last time I dole out custom avatars in thanks for help.

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

sorry for asking, I feel like Jar's hating me because of it :cry:.

3. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

And Terry Pratchett isn't high literature, dipshit,

No, he's not High literature, but then what fiction is? Though considering his sales, it's fairily safe to assume he's very popular, and widily read.

Ultimately, writing your username in ALLCAPS is still achingly gay, and begs mocking. You know what would be
    cool? An original username, instead of having to be "clever" and ripping off someone else.

If you have read Pratchett, you would know "DEATH ALWAYS SPEAKS IN CAPITAL LETTERS", if "Bill Door" was true to form ALL his text should be in capitals.

Read the "Ring cycle" before claiming to be original, I beleive that name is quite common in Norse legands.

Yes, I've ripped off Pratchett, because I identifiy this this charactor.

4. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

*Bows* Thank you, Kaos.

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'd just like to note that this is probably the geekiest argument i've ever heard. damn nerds...

6. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

What a brilliant comeback! I bow to your skills.
    Subject seems to show hostile tendencies, and a short temper. Subject also attempts to turn an insult into a compliment, in a very ineffective and childish way. This brings me to the conclusion that subject is under the age of fourteen.
    Since this is a TEXT forum, I believe that would mean that all of us read. And it's rather intriguing that you would make assumptions about other forum member's reading habits when you've only been here for two weeks and don't even know anyone. If reading Terry Pratchett makes you feel superior, I don't know if there is anyone who can help you. The reading skills claim is also amusing in light of your horrendous spelling and grammar. Read Geoffrey Chaucer or Gavin Douglas in the original Middle English (the latter in a Scottish dialect) and then come back and act like you know something.
    I love the vague, meaningless insult to my intelligence. That really hits me right...here. Not to mention the above sentence is hardly coherent and breaks most of the laws of grammar.
    Since "arch gay" never appeared in my post, you might want to think twice before you fire off another load of angry reactionary bullshit, and avoid looking the fool. My words were "achingly gay," and it made perfect sense. Oh, aren't you some kind of expert reader? You can read chapter books now, right? Here's a cookie.
    Dipshit, Sigurd is just a Scandinavian name. I didn't rip it off of the Norse tale of Sigurd and Fafnir. Sure, I heard it first there, but I know guys named Sigurd. That's like saying the use of the name Lew is ripping off of Kipling's "The Drums of the Fore and Aft." If you must know, Sigurd is actually the name of a character in a novel I'm working on, who has nothing whatsoever to do with the Sigurd of Norse legend, save the fact that there is Norse blood running in his Sicilian veins.
    Holy Mother, what a whiny little bitch! I bet you got raped by your father. How typical for whiny, immature little teenage bitches like you to yell that "all you guys are dumb" and then leave in a hissy huff. Not only that, but you suck up like the little brownose you are by inserting the "except the mods" clause in your mass insult. Oh, and what about the use of the word "audience." I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt (though I'm not sure why) and assume you just don't know what the word means, instead of coming to the conclusion that you believe that you are some kind of celebrity.

7. Settler

Settler Member

I feel oddly dissatisfied after that flame wa-...well...scuffle...and I don't know why.

8. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

I think Jar has some serious anger problems.

9. DEATH AT THE DOOR

So you post at Terra Arcanum, a website devoted to Arcanum and other games by Troika and you speak of geeks?! Hah, you are no different, nor you are superiour.
    Also "geeks" and "nerds" are different things, you son-of-a-dog.

10. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Nah, your father proposed and I refused. That's all.
    I am not leaving... yet. But I'll leave eventually. I am not sucking up. I said the truth. I believe that Dragoon shouldn't be mistaken for an idiot, unlike everyone else. Of course, not everyone is an unforgivable half-wit here, there are exceptions, but you get my point. And about the celebrity being, you'll see in the very near future.
    At least I suppose I'll get a custom avatar.

EDIT:
    Oh but that still doesn't make your name original, sweetheart. You write a novel? Wow! I underestimated you, I am surprised that you can link two words together. When it becomes a worldwide bestseller, don't forget who motivated you, mister "Original-Name".

11. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Nice double-post, DEATH. Have you read the rules in between all that angsty ranting? :p

12. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

She's actually quite proud to be nerdy. So in a way she was also making fun of herself. Now do you see the light. But your probally not a nerd. Only cool people can have their name all in capital letters.

13. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

My personal favourite is: "I WILL GET THIS EVEN IF IT KILLS ME, LITTERALLY SPEAKING OFFCOURSE."

Now death, who are you?

14. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Silvara:
    Yes, I read the rules and the doublepost was on purpose.

For once, I didn't know she was a she. If it's true what you said, I offer my sincere apologies.
    If you mean "l33t", JustaFishInaJar, I am not. As it was mentioned before, Death of the Discworld speaks in capitals.
    As for my name, do you know the meaning of the Death Tarot Card? ;)

Qilikatal:
    That depends what answer do you want to receive.

I've been here for two weeks and today I see more than half of people I haven't seen during those weeks. Nice to meet you. As you probably noticed, I am currently doing my best to get banned but I see I haven't seen half of this forum yet so I'll halt my attempts.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Shouldn't there be a rake up your ass about now?

Okay, now some tips for those who would spread vitriol among us...

Sigurd: Try get a little more dimension in your flames. You're pushing the "you sound very young and sexually abused" angle quite well, but you're not doing anything else. Go for more variety. Your basic technique is good though.

DEATH AT THE DOOR: Doing as well as can be expected for someone still new, but you're going a bit too high with your "superior intelligence, don't really need to swear, all my insults are over your head so why bother" angle. It's a good one to use, but it only works on people who think the same as you do. It's a flame war we're trying to get going here - you're not going to win unless you get down and dirty as well. It's not a case of trying to look better than the other person, it's about making them look worse than you. A flame war should be dirty and bitter.

Now, I want you to both to put some more thought into your posts before resuming this. Clean breaks, stay out of the clinches, and come out swinging.

Round 2! FIGHT!

16. DEATH AT THE DOOR

^ Now this is something new :lol:

That's the least thing I'd expect from a mod.
    Especially the " It's a flame war we're trying to get going here". Who are "we"?

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

DAMN YOU ALL YOU FAT SONS OF COWS. MAY YOUR PRIVATES BE CHAFED BY TIGHT FITTING BRIEFS. MAY YOUR NIPPLES EXPLODE ON CONTACT. YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there, now i've flamed. you can count me as part of the "we"

18. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Wow! A tag team flame War, Can anyone join? If not can I put $10 on the Ref? :)

19. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Just when I think, "Surely this person has reached and encapsulates the limits of Internet tedium" you go and push the boundary even further. Your ineffective imitation of good posting style only serves to illuminate your lack of substance, good taste, and decency.

When I want your monkey-brained opinion I'll rattle your cage, okay? I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself on the Internet. However, I'll consider letting you have the last word if you guarantee it will be your last. I am reminded of something relevant that Benjamin Disraeli said: "He was distinguished for ignorance - for he had only one idea and that was wrong."

Reading your post is less interesting than watching paint dry. If wit was spit, your mouth would be drier than a shallow well in an African heat wave. You are like watching Amputee Field Hockey: pathetic, and very quickly disgusting. Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't living proof that stupid people should not breed; if your weren't so fat that when you walk down the street, everyone yells "Earthquake!", or if you didn't have a face so ugly that Peeping Toms break into your house and close the blinds. Who am I kidding? You would.

In closing, I helpfully suggest that you support your local Search & Rescue Unit, and get lost.

20. DEATH AT THE DOOR

What a coinsidence! I thought the same! Sadly that would be the only logical thing you've said in this post. Still, I am surprised: I must've underestimated you.

Sure, sure, *try* to rattle the empty cage. Try, because your arms are shorter than your wit, which is, in turn, shorter than turtle fur. What did you say? Turtles has no fur? Well, my friend, that's exactly what I mean!

Hey, put that book back. Quoting won't help you: you have lost anyway. You're used to it so I guess you'll be alright in a day or two.

I take it you love watching paint dry. Well, everyone have their wild side. I won't trash you just because of that....Wait a minute, aren't you that blind-deaf-armless-legless-headless AF Hockey champion? How do you menage to hear with only one ear, man?
    Funny, you started this post by saying I have no taste, but the modified "yo-mama" jokes are the peak of bad taste.

How do you know I am not living near you? Are you willing to pay the money you earned as a firing range dummy to sponsor the S&R operation?

Our Host!