Quick way to make fully modable arcanum module

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Teseng, Jun 14, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Teseng

Teseng New Member

I recently did this and it worked great, and its only takes a few hours because of the un-dat times. This is mostly for those who want to edit the main single-player(which alot seem to want to)by themselves.

First off, get a un-dat program from the downloads section of this forum(I myself reccomend this one-- http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dloa ... file_id=26 ), and undat the Arcanium.dat into a new folder in the Arcanum/Modules folder, mine being called "Neo-Arcanum"
    Next off extract the contects of Arcanum2.dat and Arcanum3.dat from the Arcanum main folder, just undat them to the folder you made earlier, and the un-dat program should reserve the proper paths. You should have the following folders in the Arcanum/modules/your folder--
    dlg
    scr
    mes
    terrain
    townmap
    worldmap
    rules
    slide
    movies
    sound
    portrait
    players

Note: I dont think ALL of these folders are required, but im yet to determine if/what is needed.

After everything is there, Run arcanum, go to options, and select your "Module", once again mine being Neo-Arcanum, and run the game like normal, this allows for very easy map-editing for any maps, and script and dlg editing.

Note 2: Arcanum1-024-fixed.map is the "world map" all of the towns and outside places are located on this LARGE map, it takes a time to load and save.

Hope this helps someone :) Any feedback is greatly appreciated, good or bad.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's how you do it.

Just remember to clean out the Arcanum/modules/Arcanum/maps folder of all those oddly-named files before each test and you're on your way!

Delete them all; about 80 to 90 files; they are recreated each time you run the game.

Our Host!