Quests and Dialogs

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by dgale, Jan 1, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dgale

dgale New Member

Is anyone using the dialog code Q:N where N is a quest number?

I've read the through the manual on it . . . and at first it seemed like a good idea. But the more I've been playing around with it, the less I like it. It seems that anything you'd want to do with the extra parameters inside rulesgamequest.mes (extra meaning not the XP and alignment adjustment), you could do with dialog tests.

Add the fact that I can't seem to get the damn thing to work . . . I think I'm going to stick with checking quest states manually inside dlg files.

Has anyone actually used the gamequest.mes for anything other than XP and alignment? Is it worth the effort? I just checked the Arcanum gamequest, and it looks like Troika barely used those extra paramaters

2. HexRei

HexRei New Member

http://www.weekapaugclan.com/whitesandswww/qtut.html

Once you learn it, you can easily lay out relatively interactive and complicated dialogs without spending a lot of undue time or effort which is helpful when you have hundreds of quests to do :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HexRei on 2002-02-06 21:19 ]</font>

3. dgale

dgale New Member

Nice tutorial HexRei . . . I think I have a better understanding of the Q: generated dialogs now.

I'm still not sold on using them yet . . . but I think I'll give it a try on my next few quests.

Our Host!