Questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Pissukonde, Aug 29, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

I just bought the game today, but I'm having trouble with a few things.

First - How do you use magical items. eg. I have a hexed dagger and when I equip it, a little blue thingy lights up by the hotkey slots, when I click on this nothing happens.

Also - I have a scar from a wolf bite (being a mage, I'm physically weak) how do I get rid of it?

And - Between Shrouded Hills and Tarant I passed an Altar but there was nothing actually going on at the altar (no items, no NPCs) is this something for later in the game?

And - Virgil has spent his CPs on melee and dodge - and has no throwing ability, but he picked up some throwing knives and keeps trying to use them - how can I persuade him not to?

2. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you further explain?

You can heal this scar through magickal healing. Gaylin can heal you but you need to pay. You can heal it yourself if you are level 3 in the college of Necromatic White. And if you have Virgil with you, wait until you are above level 15 since he can do magickal healing too. Other NPCs and followers can also heal you.

That is Torg's altar. In here, you read the message written in the stone. I think you should make a ring as an offering. I'm not sure on this but you need to do an offering that is stated in the stone. If you give the right item, you will gain 1 point in your constitution. If you happen to past another altar, you will lose this point and gain points from the altar you've made an offering to.

Go to the option and disable auto switch weapon.

3. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

About using the magickal property, you can click the button somewhere below the hotkey to use it. For example, you got a staff of healing. You can click that button then use the healing property of that staff. They are limited as indicated at the bottom right of your screen every time you try to make use of them.

Our Host!