Questions aobut other games.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PeeCee, Aug 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi all.

I guess this might not be the right forum to ask, but I'll give it a try. There are 2 other games that I find interesting other then Arcanum. These are Neverwinter nights and Pool of Radiance 2 - Ruins at Myth Drannor.

I was wondering if either one or maybe both have been released yet?

Also. Anarchy Online. Does it require a monthly fee or just your connection?

The reason I am asking this is that I just got a huge tax refund, and since Arcanum is still 15 days away. i figured I try one of these out.

/PeeCee

2. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

PoR2 just went into feature lock, and will now go through QA testing, might slip into Q1 2002

NWN might do the same as well, that is slip into 2002, i'm thinking it will actually.

so far i've heard no word of feature lock on NWN, and the SP campaign is not done to my knowlage.

I'm sure Anarchy online requires a monthly fee, after all its a MOORPG. I'll probably get it when i move(i'll get a better connection).

3. Calis

Calis Member

No, NWN is going to be out Q1 2002 and Pool of Radiance 2 is expected by the end of the year.
    It has a monthly fee. Not sure how much exactly, I think it's $10 or $15.

(edit): Drat, Monkey got here before me. :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calis on 2001-08-08 12:25 ]</font>

4. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Wow. Not bad. Got both Monkeypunch and Calis to answer me. You guys are really on top of the gaming industry. To bad about the games tho. I have DL the movies and both games looks great. There is one movie about PoR, but the narrator is dutch. Not to easy to understand. thanks for the info guys.

/PeeCee

5. Zen

Zen New Member

I would answer to, except I have nothing to say...It`s the thought that counts, right?

- Zen

6. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

So true Zed.

And look at it this way. You got another post. (And so did I)

/PeeCee

7. Zen

Zen New Member

It`s Zen, not Zed....Peewee.
    :wink:

- Zen

8. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

You are right. Sorry Zen. Don't know where I got Zed from.

/PeeCee

9. Diemon

Diemon New Member

Hey!( :smile: My first post)

Yeah AO does have a monthly fee..
    Im pretty sure its 12.99$ (why not 13$?) or 12.50$

And Monkey dont go crazy now when i tell you this... but i have an AO char named Monkeypunch. :grin: Well.. his named Russel something but his nickname is Monkeypunch

No hard feelings ok? :smile:

Ohh.. and PeeCee, maybe you got Zed from Pulp fiction??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diemon on 2001-08-09 19:18 ]</font>

10. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi Diemon.

I think I got Zed form another forum. Since you are playing AO and I see from your profile that you are from Sweden, just as I am. How much does the cost comes to in Swedish? Or do they charge your card in $$?

/PeeCee

11. Diemon

Diemon New Member

Hi PeeCee

They charge u in $$. But 12$ is like 130kr or something like that. The first month is free so u can allways play for 1 month and then deside if u want to continue or quit.

12. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Diemon.
    But if I decide to buy the game and only play for a month, that wouldn't really be worth it.

/PeeCee

13. Diemon

Diemon New Member

Nah it wouldnt.. yer right.. But i think u should buy it cuz its really kewl

And why wont Monkeypunch read my last post!?
    :grin:

14. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

that you stole my nick? :)

i've read it, but even if monkeypunch is not that common(i got it at hotmail once, but it expired, and is now taken... and once i and one peep more was the only ones with it in ICQ)i never expected to get it in anarchy online... thats life.

enjoy it

15. Zen

Zen New Member

Hey PeeCee, you probably confused me with the mad swede from the VNboards; Zed Blacksword. You wouldn`t be the first though!
    :smile:

- Zen

16. Diemon

Diemon New Member

Really.. I got it a month ago and i subscribed here a day ago.. U stole mine!! :grin: :grin:

I didnt know u had it when i took it.. U know the monkey in B&W?? He hits really funny and when i made my AO char i came to think about it.

17. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

18. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hey Zen.

Your probably right. Once again, sorry for the confusion. Also I did purchase AO today. I've spent 40 minutes DL patches and as of now I haven't really started to play. But I will soon...I hope.

/PeeCee

19. Diemon

Diemon New Member

Haha!! You wish PeeCee.. the game is great when u play.. but the hardest part is to get into the game. Those stupid Norweigans allways mess new things up when they realease a new patch. When u do get in look me up..
    Be neutral until around level 10 then join Omni or the Clans

Monkeypunch level 9 clan enforcer

20. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Diemon.

I've just spent the better part of 5 hours playing, and I must say that I like it. After all the patching and such it worked. I had to loog off to get something to eat but I will get back online later. Don't know how to find you or anyone else there. I am neutral and fighting carcasses and the droids. But how in the H..l do you get any cash? Everything is expensive. Not to say costly. The startup weapon isn't very useful. But I gues it's better then nothing.

Also. Is there any use for the monster parts or robot junk? except to sell them.

/PeeCee

Our Host!