Questions about hotkeys and combat icons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Otto Krupp, Dec 20, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Has anyone done a full list of the hotkeys? I decided to try the game in full screen mode and it took me a little while to find the key for "end turn", its "E" btw. Would be a lot easier to have a list than punch keys randomly on the keyboard or try to search through forums.

Next, is there a list of the various unexplained combat icons that pop up? Some are easy to figure out i.e the lightbulb means bad lighting, the wall with a figure means one of your idiot followers is in the way etc... What I don't understand is why a lot of the undead get the brickwall with the red circle like the blocked shot icon. My best guess is that it means they don't take fatigue damage. Anyone know for sure what all the little icons mean?

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

According to the Manual, The Weight means a character doesn't have sufficient strength to wield his weapon, the Target means the target is beyond the reach of your weapon, the Eye means the target is beyond your range of Perception, Wall means the target is hiding behind partial cover, Bulb indicates the target is dimly illuminated, and Red Cross means the Character has an injury which affects his Combat Skill.

There are like 30 Hot Keys. Maybe I'll list them in another post.

3. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Thanks Feldon. Took me awhile to find that paragraph on the icons. Very clever of them to not include it in the Combat section.

Why not put the hotkey list up on the main site?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2001-12-20 18:38 ]</font>

Our Host!