Question on pure melee NPC's

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Otto Krupp, Feb 28, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

A few more questions.

Do your pure melee NPC's ever raise their Strength to their racial maximum or do they just stop at 20?

Have you noticed any of them passing racial maximums? For example a dwarf getting a 20 DEX when the racial max is 19.

2. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

You're asking about pure melee force?
    Well,my character isn't pure-he's battlemage and he has ST 17 and DEX 18.But only spells I have are fire(1) and strenght of earth that gives me excellent damage bonus.And if you use that in combination with aligtiy of fire(I think),you'll get awsome killing machine and it cost you only 2 points.

3. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

When you get Chukka his str is 22 and Sogg will go up to 22 later in the game I think.

4. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

I think that Toriel Kel can reach DEX 21 or 22 and STR 20 or 21.

5. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

I have to know for sure on this one. So no "I think" answers.

I need people with high level characters and NPC's to check their followers character sheets.

6. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

To answer if they go up to their racial limits on strength-yes, they do, and no, they don't. Even though the pure melee-dodge autoleveling scheme stops strength and dex. at 20, Sogg will go up to 24 strength, and Chukka will go up to 26 (if you check his character sheet, you will find that he is a pure ogre, not a half-breed). Gar, on the other hand, will stop at 19 strength, when even as a human, he should get up to 20 on the autoleveling scheme. Why is this so? Hell if I know man. Time for another patch!!!

7. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I'm pretty sure there won't be any more patches, and you belive how many people think Chukka is a half-ogre.

Our Host!