Question about the IFS Zephry

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by gargob, Jul 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. gargob

gargob New Member

If it crashed with shrap debris flying all over how come there is no body that has a peice missing like when you cut them off in battle? And I was pretty sure there were more people on board. What happened to their bodies? Thanks in advance

2. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

it is probably because some of the bodies could have been traped in the blimp but i dont know about the first question

3. NeoSargatanas

NeoSargatanas New Member

There should have been shrapnel...in everybody =) Especially Preston. The movie should have shown his face torn apart...

*cough*

4. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

It was LUXERY LINER padded with the finest materials of the time, everyone was well protected while bouncing from wall to wall. Actually i thought there were more people on the ground than were in the movie!

Parmanian

5. -WhiteDog-

-WhiteDog- New Member

Where the hell does one come from in the first place? Arcanum? It feels kinda stupid to be an elf and don't know where Quintarra is located..

6. Frven

Frven New Member

You have a good point about the bodies, i thought there were more. But the shrapnel part is a little iffy when you think about it. In truth most of the debris would have vaporised when the blimp crashed because it would have exploded in the air from being shot. i agree that people should have been missing body parts, just because it's cool. but i also think that having that few corpses was a nice touch as well.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

As for where you come from, when I played an elf and was asking around about Quintarra at one point I said something along the lines of "... I am not from this continent." It is not exact but it is something. And since several people have talked about there maybe being other continents besides Arcanum in the Arcanum 2 suggestions forum this is a confirmation of that even though there probably won't be an Arcanum 2 :cry:

8. -WhiteDog-

-WhiteDog- New Member

I can recall the same lines....but I thought that was a normal conversation-lie. :D

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. But it does add to the possibility of there being more continents.

10. xento

xento New Member

I'm guessing the idea is that you lost your memory from the impact of the crash or something, because you must have boarded in Tarant, cuz that's where it took off from, yet you have no idea about it's whereabouts.

As for the 'no Arcanum 2' thing, I wouldn't expect them to release it anytime too soon. They will try to promote Arcanum as much as possible, before moving on, I think. Also, they want to take people's minds off it, so it is a surprise, methinks. With two new releases suddenly being annouced, it would be a good time to work on a secret sequel to their first project.

11. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

but just out of question has it even been said that arcanum 2 will be made?

12. xento

xento New Member

It hasn't. But then again, it hasn't been said it WON'T be made, either.

The most Troika can say is that they hope there will be a sequel, but they can't say more, cuz Sierra wants to keep a tight lid on it.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I thought the Zephyr took off from Caladon and was goin to Tarant.

14. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I thought the lady at the rosebourough inn said that stenner was going to tarant to catch the zepher!

parmanian

15. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Arg, I'm confused. Oh who knows. Now I have to play through it again to find out. Darn, gonna hate that :D

16. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

during my games i always leave the BMC and go to hardins pass and then down to the bridge by the wyvern sighting, then to rosebourough, then caladon, then razors point (pick up the loot) then back to dernholm to finish that quest, gaining a level only through the pass.

Won't go through gorgoth pass at this level though! Gain too much experience on the way through the pass. Messes me up for getting jormond at LVL 19 and thorvald at 22.

Parmanian

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

the one thing that strikes me as stupid is that there is only one continent, conveniently seperated into quarters, why would they need an airship? and how is there enough water in their world?

or am i just just an idiot thats not gotten far enough in the game? (i'm just now on my way to the isle of despair) or is there really only one continent?

18. Canis

Canis New Member

What?

1) It is suggested that Arcanum is not the only continent on the planet.

2) Arcanum is a big place, and the ships and railroads won't take you everywhere.

3) The Zephyr is clearly a luxury zeppelin. Rich folk like touring about in fancy modes of transport.

Read up on the golden age of airships sometime, they're fascinating machines with a multitude of uses.

19. gargob

gargob New Member

You think rich people will take the passes take a look at a monster's level there then compare it with Bates he's gonna die for sure.

It'e so nice not to be an expert anymore. I don't like picture that goes with it also the untrained and apprentice ones.

20. Luvian

Luvian New Member

The Zephyr was going to Tarant. They say it in the character's bio of the pre-made characters.

It probably started from either roseborough (spelling?) or another continent. All the characters took the Zephyr to come from their home and go to Tarant, and all of them came from far away. Since there is no "far away" major town that we don't visit, the characters have to come from another continent.

If the Zephyr didn't go to the other continent, then I guess the characters took a ship to rose to get on the Zephyr on the way to Tarant.

Our Host!