Question about Raven

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Dirtman, Oct 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Games should never be reworked into film. Even as a toddler I detested the atrocity that was the Super Mario movie. The only game picture that's been remotely passable was Doom, and even that was kinda B-ish.

2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Your right about Doom. Definitely a B film. As was Resident Evil.
    But, nothing can match a Uwe Boll Trainwreck. I think any game to video attempt could at least reach b-movie level, as long as that highly evolved vaginal discharge doesn’t touch it.

Personally, I thought they did an outstanding job on Silent Hill.
    Jodelle Ferland did a good job playing dual roles.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Silent Hill was just downright scary. Not as scary as the games, mind you, but a good solid mind-fuck nonetheless.

Resident Evil... meh. I could take 'em or leave 'em.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was awesomely geeky win, but Spirits Within should not have been advertised as Final Fantasy. Because it fucking wasn't.

Anything Uwe Boll has touched... Well, the following emote sums it up pretty well.

:throwup:

4. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Love the Silent Hill games. When I was playing SH2 for the first time, I’d only play at night with the lights off. Most of the time the Missus would watch me play. She said it was like watching a spook flick. Really creepy for the both of us. Then we went to see the movie. When Pyramid Head showed up…., well, I think I still have the fingernail scars on my arm.

5. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Uwe Boll did an awesome job on the 'House of the Dead' movie... It rarely happens that I laugh at how horrible the movie is rather then simply stop watching. Bloodrayne movie was a failure, but I watched it with friends just for laughs. Beer helped a lot, but I don't recall watching until the end. The second part will probably require vodka just to accept the idea of watching it.

One of the more successful movies based on games, Mortal Kombat, the first one to be precise - was a decent action movie in its genre. The other one was an embarrassing failure.

The doom movie has made me lol hard the moment the FPP sequence kicked in, the laughs being the only thing that made the flick worth watching.

I remember how impressed I was with the graphics detail in Silent Hill 2 - it was quite difficult to spot textures repeating, mostly they didn't. Each location appeared to have been separately engineered and had the depth most games lack to this day. Once I got used to the controls, combat became rather one sided, save for a few encounters. A great game I can easily recommend. I didn't have the patience to hit all the endings though...

6. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Huh. Right above the head :thumbup:

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Well, non-geeks would just see a hot chick.

Geeks see a hot elven chick! :D

There's a bit of a geek in all of us.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Normal Person: DAMN that woman is hot. Her ears are a bit pointy, but whatever. I'd hit that.

Geek: OMFG it's a gorgeous elf! The willowy body! The melodious voice! Those pointed ears! ...I'd hit that.

:lol: I'm going straight to hell, and I'm taking at least some of you bitches with me when I go.

9. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Heeey, it's moving! I'd hit it.

10. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    I don’t know. She doesn’t have to be moving. That would solve the whole having to ‘stay awake and talk’ thing.
    Of course the bad point is that you’d have to get up and make your own sandwich afterwards.

11. Dark Elf

Media:
    [​IMG]

Secondary sex characteristics overload.

If I'd live in Arcanum as my fake human self, I'd totally be responsible for a surge in the number of half-elves.

12. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Indeed!
    Pardon me while I go find a towel and a cigarette.

13. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Oh yeah! I can't agree with you more. :D

14. The_Deathsangel

The_Deathsangel New Member

Am I the geeky person that notices that she is going to get real back- and hipache when she keeps up that pose as well as the fact that no matter how she tries to keep her sword ready like that she is no battle pose?

Really, I don't know if I want an inexperienced swordswoman around the house.... talk about bad in house accidents...

15. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

She's preparing to cast a spell. That's why her sword is behind her back and that's why her right arm is in the air. Duh!

16. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Ah, so you *did* get the joke. Shame on me then :)

That's a pretty heavy sword tho'. It looks like she's hungry, given her spine would technically be poking out her bellybutton.
    Still, I'm shamed to say, she's pretty hot. But then again, I find anything that looks like it can crack my skull open, spoon out my brain, blend it into a shake, and force feed it to me to be rather exciting.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Puppy, bring me a couple of cigarettes back will you? That lady is hot.

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    When a picture you posted on the Internet thrills both men and women to touch themselves in a bad place, you will have come one step closer to becoming a Cybersex God.

19. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

You'll only win that award when you mail me an actual physical copy of that 3D statue.

20. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    *hands Xaio a pack of already lit cigarettes*
    Do you want the towel too. I can ring it out first.

Does that mean when the nice policeman shows up, I’ll have to point to the spots on a doll where I touched myself.

Our Host!