Proto Help!!

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by rEt.aR.d, Aug 1, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

I've tried basic armor proto editing, but I can't quite succeed in not messing up. I tried to turn a mithril large plate to a large arcane plate (which doesn't exist), but it doesn't work for some reason. Help please!!!

2. Baal

Baal New Member

I can tell you haw to make almost anything into anything in the game, hell I could make a loaf of bread into 1,000,000 exploding decoys if I wanted, all you need is one schismatic. But it hast to exists for me to help you. And no there is no Large Arcane Plate the mithril one is the best you will get without changing the game.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Well, It should be possible. I have to try doing this..

4. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

I know it's possible, but the problem is I can't get it right. I followed DKoepp & Otto Krupp's tutorial on Proto editing, but it's kinda unorginized (the DKoepp part at least). I made the mithril platemail in worlded and edited it so that its basically a large arcane plate. I then opened the .mob file and overlapped it over the mithril large plate's proto (in hex editor). I then edited all the fields like I should according to DKoepp (proto number, description number,etc.). I finally added the final product to the list that the gypsys sell. When I loaded Arcanum the gypsys all had no inventory. I quadruple checked everything except the proto, so it must be that. I also added it to a background's starting item list (to be sure). Nothing. Please help me, I am only a beginner at hex editing. If someone could refer me to a more organized, easier to understand tutorial, or personally help me, it would be appreciated.

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

You could judt do it easy, and go into the gameeffect.mes file and rewrite the effects of the large mithril plate to the same effect as the Arcanum platemail.

6. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

When modding Invensource file, be sure to add info to the end of each vendor's sale list, otherwise everything will disappear if you put it at the beginning.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Thanks for the tip, but that's not the problem in this case. Armor editing was the last thing DKoepp and I were attempting on the editor before we sort of laid the project aside. Baal is wrong, of course there is a way to create new items in the game, but it's exceptionally difficult.

And likely the issue has been given up or resolved by now, although rEt.aR.d is free to post back here as a means of proving me wrong. Try to pay some mind to post dates in the future Tekkus. If rEt.aR.d gets back I may refer DKoepp to this thread so he can take a look at it, but it's up to him if he actually does or not.

Our Host!