PROJECT: Arcanum WIP 6.0 Coop Mod v1.0

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by RunAwayScientist, Jul 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

You do not have to select "ArcanumCoop" in the options.

Once you create your character, it will be in the character list. You have to left click it in the character list to select it THEN click Host Game.

So, to re-cap:

- Click Network
    - Click Character
    - Click New Character
    - Create your new character however you want
    - Spend your character points
    - Click the green button to confirm
    - Look in the Character List and left click on your character to select it
    - Click ACCEPT at the top
    - Click HOST GAME
    - Make sure "ArcanumCoop" is visible in the box on the left-hand side of the options panel.
    - Make sure auto-equip is on
    - Turn on/off any of the other options present that you want
    - Start up your server and begin playing

2. RavenousRat

RavenousRat New Member

Well now I didn't select mod in option, so Arcanum was here.
    I simply pressed Network, still the same problem, I did everything as you said before and now, nothing changed.
    Here's screen how I create a character and pressing "Next" button and it does nothing, simply ignores it: http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8272/68856764.png
    It's I trying to remove one point AFTER pressing this button, and it ignores it too, I can't do anything now, except for pressing Escape to return to previous menu: http://a.imageshack.us/img690/5997/19391122.png
    That what happens if I press Enter in character sheet: http://a.imageshack.us/img180/5871/96760843.png
    That what happens if I trying to quit game after... the only way is Ctrl+Alt+Del, because it freezes: http://a.imageshack.us/img299/3082/71972093.png

So After spending point on character, what should I do if not press "Netx" aka "the green button"?

3. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Make sure "ArcanumCoop" NOT "Arcanum" is selected AFTER you press Host Game.

Do not select "ArcanumCoop" from the Options menu before you create your character.

Restart your game. My guess is you probably alt-tabbed out of your game to write a response and as a result it screwed up your UI.

Try this, and let me know if that helps.

4. RavenousRat

RavenousRat New Member

Just tried, there're all actions:

Run Arcanum, check options to see what module is active, it was Arcanum, I reselected it again in any case by pressing arrow key few time to get IT AGAIN, no Vormatown or ArcanumCoop, it was Arcanum (!!!)

Pressing Multiplayer, Network, Character, New Character, and then the same as you can see on screen, any name any stats, pressing "Next" button cause to do nothing.

*No alt-tabbing was during process.

5. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

You're running Arcanum + the Official Arcanum Patch + WIP 6.0 right? I don't think you mentioned installing the patch earlier.

6. RavenousRat

RavenousRat New Member

No, I said I reinstalled Arcanum, so now it's clear.
    I made 1.0.7 whatever patch (newest official),
    then installed WIP,
    then put your mod in modules folder.

Nothing else, not even High Rez patch or any other changes, everything is clean as possible.

7. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Did you delete the entire Arcanum folder before you re-installed? Did you over-write all the files in the Arcanum folder with the .dats from WIP 6.0?

Try selecting a different character, clicking the ACCEPT button and clicking the Host Game option and select "ArcanumCoop" and attempt to play.

Or, try naming your custom character a different name other than "ZZZ". Perhaps you already have a "ZZZ" and it won't over-write? Try a different race, gender, etc.

8. RavenousRat

RavenousRat New Member

Yes, as I said before mod working good with deffault characters, I can play it, I even teleported myself to Tarant to see where necro-brothers standing are, I saw chest at crash site, so everything is worked.

Yes, I tried other characters, it almost always was different random names, I tried elves, half elves and even half ogres, nothing worked.

And yes, deleting Arcanum with uninstall tools programm which deletes entire folder after, so nothing left from old Arcanum.

Yes, I overwrote everything while unpacking WIP.

9. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Hmm. The extra background that are posted in the WIP 6.0 page, try installing those....I have a hunch your problem might be related to backgrounds or maybe there's some bad character data still left over in your Arcanum/data/players that you'd have to delete.

10. RavenousRat

RavenousRat New Member

Ok, I'll try to install this WIP stuff, but I don't have this folder at all...
    That's all I have in Arcanum\data:

proto
    temp

Only 2 folders.

Edit:
    In temp folder there's a players folder, and I have there only one deffault character with wich I tested this mode 1st time after reinstalling Arcanum, I don't think this character may cause problems, but ok, I'll try to delete it.

11. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

That could be your problem. Create a Players folder in your Arcanum\Data.

Perhaps it got deleted prematurely or something.

12. RavenousRat

RavenousRat New Member

Yeah, it working! Thanks man.

13. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Ah, the process of deduction in action. Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Have fun. Let me know if you find any errors or bugs.

Also, can a mod please clean up this thread and delete all the posts related to me and Ravenous?

14. RavenousRat

RavenousRat New Member

Not so critical bug, but I'll say it anyway:

When you help to doc to deal with robbers and say that you're not mage/tech, he won't give you an axe, he won't give you anything, but if you say that you're a mage, he'll give you a sword, didn't tested about tech.
    So after completing that quest and saying that you're not mage/tech he simply saying thanks and giving XP without item reward.

Edit: The same with revolver, he won't give it to you, so he gives only magic sword, if you say to him that you're a mage.

Also I don't know if it's in original Arcanum, but you can open safe even without code note in inventory and without reading it, yes I know, probably PC has a memory to remember code, but also he probably has telepathic vision to read this code from note without looking at this note.

15. Vortex

Vortex New Member

This is some amazing work you have done here! :thumbup:

Too bad one cannot enter caves and such. :/

I hope that you will keep working on updates for this project.

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Although I can't play it, this sounds like a really cool project. :thumbup:

Also: I sent you the info you wanted. Check your in-box.

17. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

The FTP went down. The download links do not work. Working to resolve this issue. ETA 2 weeks.

18. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

19. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

What happens if one player dies?

20. Crypton

Crypton Member

Our Host!