Problem with Unoffical Patch Game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Philes, Sep 21, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Whenever I try to enter the Wheel Clan at their entrance, I briefly see the interior of the caves before the game crashes. "Crashes" being the game drops and I get that Windows XP report to Microsoft thing.

I've already been in there once to talk with Loghaire, and got the letter and quest followup to find Quintarra (farthest I've ever been too, bah), but realized I forgot to give that retarded train back to the dwarf inside the Wheel clan. When I try to go back in, this happens.

Thinking it had something to do with the Kathorn crystal glasses, I ran back to Tarant to pick them up and wear them through the entrance, but the exact same problem happens.

I'm using Drog's Unofficial patch (080823 I believe), with the 1024x768 patch installed (though I've tried reloading it without the increased resolution and I get the exact same problem, so it's not that). I've even tried it with safe mode and that doesn't help either.

No other mods installed, save for the patching I did to vanilla Arcanum before I installed the UAP.

FUCK I'M INTO THIS GAME FINALLY AND NOW THIS SHIT HAPPENS

Help?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you start this game with the same version of the UAP? Old saves aren't supported.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Yes, this was a clean, new character, started after I installed your awesome patch (thanks again by the way, the improved resolution/fixed game combo is awesome).

In fact, I recall deleting every old save I had on file before re-starting the game just to make sure. I haven't had any problems or issues with the game until now (other than the character reset on load issue with the resolution patch, but that is easily worked around).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, what you're saying is that you had no problems with the Wheel Clan originally, but for some reason it doesn't let you in anymore? That's quite odd.

Feel free to upload the save, anyway.

Our Host!