Popup ads? SHAME!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etalis Craftlord, Feb 11, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

2. Milo

Milo New Member

I haven't seen the wood floor one yet, but I did catch one for register.com(?). It was one of those animated jobs. The left side of the banner featured this semi-attractive lady who opens her mouth and slowly extends her tongue. Her long tongue. The tongue. It grows longer and longer. Freaky.

Another one of the same ads featured what looked like a pothead tokin up on a doobie. Then the animation cycled and it turns out he was pulling a pen out of his nose. To think, I was about to click on that banner, too.

3. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Well we just moved, and we got new floors, so it's too late. Commercials do catch some users that aren't used to them... especially the ones that look like system messages. Poor people click OK, it opens up a site, they click back (or close if its a new window), and then there's that message back up again. Those bastards who came up with that oughtta be shot. I don't really mind ads... I even encourage them in a way that... you don't need to pay for something you can get for free. Especially legally. :smile:

4. Gonk

Gonk New Member

"Free college diploma"? that sounds like some kind of fraud. Like that lady in Bush's government, whatever her name was, with a diploma from the university of Brentwick or something like that.

5. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Something is amiss here... all the font sizes are suddenly HUGE (as in 16-point) and I can't start a new topic... it links me to a generic PhBB page with nothing on it but a link to their website. What's goin on here?

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

WOW. If you could make a screen shot, and send it to me, it would be uber.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

Weird... What browser are you using?

8. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Font sizes can be changed in your browser options... look in the upper menu thing.. in IE its in View>>Text Size... or ctrl+ mouse wheel, if you got that thing... About the stuff not loading... try reloading a coupla times... umm reset your comp... I think I had something like that and I tinkered with my comp a bit and it got better... Comps :minigun:

9. Etalis Craftlord

10. Etalis Craftlord

Thanks Ioo - that solves one problem... now for the other!
    How do I make a screenshot, anyway? And where do i find em once I make em? Is there a folder somewhere?

11. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Press the Print Scrn key to create the screenshot on the clipboard, then paste it into any imaging application.

Our Host!