Pop or Soda?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quethim, Dec 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Milo

Milo New Member

I say and have always called them sodas. Pop seems like a hokey, dorky thing that they do in other parts of the country were no-shirts, overalls, and straw hats are popular.

Calling them "Soft Drinks" just seems wrong to me. Do you all call beers "Carbonated Alcoholic Malt Beverages," too?

2. xento

xento New Member

Hmm... I usually call it by it's brand name. Otherwise, I sometimes call it pop and soda. Just depends on which comes to mind first.

3. Milo

Milo New Member

I lied. I just point and nod to the can now because I can't handle the soda/pop controversy.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No, beers are beers, unless you prefer to refer to the particular brand of beer you are drinking. Booze is booze is booze is booze is booze mmm time for a snooze...

5. Just A Geek

Just A Geek New Member

Ah, so the saying is true. 'One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.'

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I believe that quote is attributed to some dude named George. Can't find his last name, because the site which I got it on refuses to change it's Quote of the Day thingy, and they only have a small number of quotes anyway to choose from. I'll post it later if I can find it.

Our Host!