Polished Car Arcanum + Level 127

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by who_is_daniel, Jun 21, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

How do I can I tell if the Level 127 mod/patch/thing is working correctly with POloshed Car Arcanum? That is before spending weeks playing the game and then finding that it is not working.... :cry:

I Installed the official Patch, then copyed the Level 127 patch into Arcanum.dir, then I installed Polished Car Arcanum (it was self installing for the most part), but it noticed the Arcanum\data\rules and deleated it. Soooo.... do I still have the patch? I mean in the PDF install guide by Chris it says that they are compatable... but dose not say how.

I re-copyed the "xp_level.mes" to the C:\Games\Arcanum\data\rules dir seeing as how it was empty.

So is it working/installed right?

2. Grusewittz

Grusewittz New Member

1 - install Arcanum
    2 - install patch 1074
    3 - then, proceed to Carcanum
    4 - and now you can install nocd, level 127 , and any other mods. Nocd and level 127 "patches" are cracked Arcanum.exe, so when you install it before installing Carcanum, they are replaced with Carcanum (which is based on stock Arcanum.exe). And level cap is in .exe, not in xp_level.mes file.

3. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Thank you for your reply; I do still need a little more clarification please.

Ok so:
    "1 - install Arcanum
    2 - install patch 1074
    3 - then, proceed to Carcanum"

Here is where I need a little clarification:

Question #1: Which one do I use? I have to patches that change the upper level limit of Arcanum. "arcanum_uptolevel127_1074" and "nolevelcap".

Question #2: If I say use the "arcanum_uptolevel127_1074" then do I:
    -Step #1: Copy the "xp_level.mes" from "\arcanum_uptolevel127_1074\data\rules" into "C:\Games\Arcanum\data\rules" Then

-Step #2: Copy "Arcanum.exe" from "arcanum_uptolevel127_1074" Unzipped) into "C:\Games\Arcanum" (where I have the game installed) and in so-doing overwrite the pre-existing "C:\Games\Arcanum\Arcanum.exe" that was instaled from Chris Beddoes Polished Car Arcanum?

In just normaly keep the CD in my desktop computer; it would be nice not to have to remember to bring it with me when I am away and playing on my laptop. Where is this "NoCD" patch that is compatable with "Polished Car Arcanum" and "arcanum_uptolevel127_1074" ? and how do I install it? That would be very good to not be pissed off that I left the CD at home and not be able to play Arcanum for a few days.

4. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Hopefully I have installed and done everything correctly. I am level 33 and just found the dark elf city. I dont plan on going up to level 100 but I dont want to stop getting bennifits from my experience gain. If I did somthing wrong in the install I will probubly end up eating the Cd :x Probubly not, but I will feel like doing that.

Thanks for you r help.

Our Host!