Plot idea: Civil War

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Susano, Sep 24, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Susano

Susano New Member

First lets clear the "politcial situation" in Arcanum: We have the United Kingdom, which alone takes a 1/3 of the land mass (think about t: Tarant and surroundings [I think Stillwater und Shrouded Hills would belong to the UK, too] and then all of Moribihan [although the authorities have surely not muchc ontrol in here]). When now Caladon joins the UK its somewhat too mighty for a politcial balance and surely will also overrun cumbria as last free human country (wait, theres still Vendigroth.... hm well this is an entirely different case)
    Well we can describve the political situation as "not very complex"... in he end we have more or less one country each for humans, dwarven and elven.
    So Id suggest a civil in the UK.... stillwater leaving after they efefctivily took over the black mountain (right name? the one that was deported to the void) clan and discovering rich minerals it want to keep for itself, ashbury leaves under gnomish influence after labour unions in Tarant get too much influence, Caladon leaves because the magic laws are too tight (or never joined the UK), Black Root rejoins Cumbria (if it not already has done so) and somebody refounds Kree as city of civilisated "ex-barbarians" and magically gifted humans.
    I think the political changes you can archieve in A1 should be put as options in A2 that you can choose before starting. Due to the idea of an anyways disintegrating UK, this would only change some dialogues but not have any mahor effects.
    So the game could be in the dawn, during (well this is not very plausible) or in the aftermath or an UK civil war, in which the other countries of course would intervene. In such an enviroment we would find much complexity and much potential for side and main quests.
    Another suggestion of me would then be that somebody uses this civil war for its own aims.... like the Derian Ka who want to regain influence. And while the world is fighting its war (or perparing for it or rebuilding after it), you fight your own secret mission (for the Derian Ka/other group or against it)....

okay I hereby give this thread free for flaming :razz:
    (but not too much, Im only a poor newbie after all 0:) :p )
    of cours eserious input is also welcome :p

2. xento

xento New Member

Well, I like it! However, there should be a LOT more changes in Arcanum then just dialoug.

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

not the united kingdom
    it should be
    united stated of america (USA)
    then itll sound good

4. Susano

Susano New Member

well it would be good if more changed then just dialogues, but how do you want to do it? Multiple beginnings with really different storylines depending on them..... well Id want the game before 2020 lol

5. xento

xento New Member

If Troika would start this game immediatly, it would only take a year or two.

6. Anonymous User

Anonymous User New Member

But no branch of the game could be nearly as long or as detailed. They have a limited budget, you know.

Our Host!