Plague World

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Arthgon, Jun 8, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

In 2009, I started a thread called d20 Modern Plague world discussion, but it fell into water because of lack of time, DM-ing, and the d20 modern rules.

Now this year I came across this thread, and wanted the ball rolling again, but now regular forum roleplaying, without DM, and the bulky d20 modern rules

Just set the proper atmosphere and start your 'life' as one of the Rip Van Team member.

Background in short: Aliens invade the Earth, but mess it up. In the wake of the vast bio-engineerd mutanic plague unleashed by the invaders to wipe out Earth's civilization, the aliens themselves succumbed to their own weapons and degenerate into mindless beasts. Meanwhile, the heroes, soldiers put in suspended animation at the start of the war, awake to a world blown back to the Iron Age.

The Heroes do not know that Department 7 is behind their three-century sleep. Indeed, the heroes did not agree to be part of a Rip Van team. When the Spanthi fleet first entered the solar system, agents of Department-7 abducted experts in various useful fields: Biologists and doctors, engineers and sociologists, and experts in urban combat and survival (military personnel, police officers, and even thugs) and placed then in Rip Van bunkers as a fail-safe. In this case, the heroes need to not only learn about the new world, they must learn to trust another.

My character:

Name: Sayo Bido

Nationality: Japanese/American
    Height: 5'3
    Weight:
    Personal Description: Short dark hair, brown eyes, fair skin.
    Personality: Sexy, overbearing, sarcastic.
    Background:

Gear:

Knife
    Colt Python
    50 rounds of .357
    Backpack
    Compass
    Flashlight
    Gasmask
    Sleeping back
    Rations
    Hip holster
    Box magazine

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ah, what the heck, if I'm not dealing with d20 rules, I'm all for it.

Name: Renna Walsh

Nationality: English
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: A lady never tells
    Personal Description: Jaw-length strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, lots of freckles
    Personality: Somewhat soft-spoken unless it comes to medical matters, and willing to defer to others in most situations. She takes her oath very seriously and will not take a human (or humanoid) life under any circumstances. She will likely not carry any kind of weapon unless it becomes absolutely necessary.
    Background: A fairly typical doctor who was working the ER shift when abducted for the Rip Van project. Her sister was pregnant with her third child when she was taken, and her main goal is to find out what became of her family and locate any family she might have left.

Gear:
    Emergency Surgical Kit
    Assorted Medicines (Assume she can treat most common illnesses and injuries)
    Backpack
    Sleeping Bag
    Rations
    Flashlight
    Pictures of her family

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Arthgon this looks interesting and I would like to join in, however I am diverting my attention to VFX, would I be able to come in later?

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Zanza: Yes, you can join later on, after the VFX.

BTW: Zanza and Xiao welcome aboard.

Our Host!