Pit of Fires

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Criton, Oct 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Criton

Criton New Member

I am on the quest from Caladon to find the murderer. I have gone to the Pit of Fires, but cannot get Jyeirad to go in and get the blade for me. When I go in, I can take care of the seething masses (mystic axe), but get my armor and butt drove by the fire elementals. What can I do?

2. Criton

Criton New Member

Come on guys...I know there is someone out there that can help with this.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, the way I see it, there's a couple of things you can do.

If the adventurers outside won't get it for you, you can try using ranged weapons against the fire elementals. If you've got no ranged weapons (spells, throwing stuff, guns, bows, whatever) try buying really cheap stuff to fight the guys with. Sure less damage, but you get a 2500 gold reward (I think it's 2500, might be 3000) for killing the monster, plus all the loot from his area. So try obtaining some expendable weapons/armour and using that.

On that note, here's a thought. Go to Kree or the Morbihan plains, and go kill as many orc bandits/people living in Kree as you can. They have barbarian armour of various types, and half-decent weapons in some cases. Go get some of them, equip yourself and your party with that stuff, and away you go with really cheap, good expendable gear off to kill fire elementals.

4. Ghost-face

Ghost-face New Member

What kind of character do you have? I had no problem going through and getting the dagger myself with dog and Virgil. I used alot of Harm spells, and a few Lightening Bolts and Disintergrates as well.
    Also, if you know what room the dagger is in, you'll see that you don't have to kill every single monster in the dungeon to get it. As a matter of fact, if you take a direct route to the room with the dagger, you can skip past one of the rooms that has something like 6 fire elementals.

5. Criton

Criton New Member

half orce summoner. i do not have the intelligence to put all of them in stasis. if you could tell me the room to go to, i would kindly do that, although i could get a few ranged weapons, lead them out one by one, and kill them.

6. beauregarde

beauregarde New Member

Re: Pit of fire

About the ore golems: try using the weapons left behind by the other party that died trying to find the blade. You'll only get a few hundred coin for them anyway back in town.

About the fire elementals: I'm a high level techie with Waroman in my party ... combination of explosive grenades, electrical grenades and Waroman's arrows wore them down pretty quick. And the stun grenades will work on the fire elementals as well.

7. Criton

Criton New Member

I got it. Just took a potion of haste and ran as fast as I could leaving my party outside. Did not get to search or fight for experience, but completed the quest, found arcane leather, and got 2000 gold.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Damn! Maybe next time I'll get the dagger myself instead of getting someone else to get it for me!

Those rewards sure sounds good :smile:.

9. dougkaye

dougkaye New Member

If you have it, you could also try using Wysper's Gem to sneak past.

10. Criton

Criton New Member

The Arcane Leather is what I got from the chest after killing the Demon. I found a few Archane artifacts in the sewers under Caladon.

Our Host!