Persuasion master quest

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by boshh, Jan 6, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. boshh

boshh New Member

I have been unable to trigger the persuasion master quest. I think its not my stats since I have 18CH, full 5 ranks in persuasion and is already expert (I spent my last few character points just to get this quest T.T). I have got the quest as "mentioned" in my quest log but I didn't accept it the first time I talked to Willoughsby since my persuasion and CH wasnt high enough at that time and I didnt accept the assasination quest. However when I come back near end game just to get this quest I cant!! I tried all the dialogue paths and the most I can get is something like "the negotiations hit a dead end" and the option of asking him to consider me for the quest is no longer there? Is this some sort of bug or have I done something wrong (or havent done something)?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bug. If you're interested, you can send me your savegame. I'll check if I can accept the mastery quest in my game and if so, I'll send you back the savegame after doing so.

3. boshh

boshh New Member

I dont remember exactly but I "may" have returned to ask him straight after the assassin approached me, without meeting the requirements, and he obviously said no. But from what he said I thought I would be able to come back and accept the quest properly once I met the requirements.

Could this be the problem? Once he refused you for the first time you cant ask him again?

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That's not it, not it alone anyway. I recreated what you did:
    • Made a new character.
    • Got to Tarant, changed the main plot status to searching for Terwillinger.
    • Met Willoughsby, talked with him in his office and offered my help while not meeting the requirements.
    • Talked with Jenks.
    • Talked with Willoughsby once again, without meeting the requirements. The option to ask him to reconsider his decision is still there. Asked him, got rejected.
    • Talked with Willoughsby once again, this time while meeting the requirements. The option to ask him to reconsider his decision is still there. Asked him, got hired.

5. boshh

boshh New Member

Shame that there is no solution in sight... I guess I will try it on a new character then.

Thanks for all your help regardless :)

6. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

WTF, Muro, you have a lot of free time.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Always glad to help. Shame we didn't work out anything.

Doing what I described with the aid of Virgil's Debug Menu and writing it down took about 15 minutes altogether.

Our Host!