People are fucking fucktards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Jul 13, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Discuss!

My own particular reason for posting this is that I am in a blinding rage thanks to a fucking moron in a property office.
    I filled out a form last Friday to place an offer on a flat and I asked many, many questions about the procedure. Just to make absolutely sure I was getting it all correct.
    I explained my situation to her in obsessive detail and she told me what to fill in.
    Turns out she was talking complete shit. Almost everything on the form is wrong.
    She was supposed to phone me last Monday to let me know what was happening. Of course she didn't.
    So I phoned them and was told it was being looked at and they would get back to me. I now know this to be utter bull as I've found out that the first check takes ten minutes and can be done at any time!
    So today, still no one has phoned me, I phone up to find out what the hell is happening. A woman answers and then I get put on hold.
    I time it on the phone display.
    4 minutes 50 seconds.
    "Hello. Can I help you?"
    It's the same woman. She put me on hold. Forgot about me. Picked up the phone to find out who was on hold.
    It later turned out that this person was the fucking MANAGER!
    So I ask some questions and I'm told that the person who knows is off on lunch. This was at 1:45.
    4:30 no one has called me.
    That's one hell of a lunch break.
    So I phone up again. Ask my questions again. Turns out I need a guarantee signed by my parents. That's just peachy. Where did my parents go at 5am this morning? To France, that's where. For 3 weeks.
    Of course if one of the stupid bitches had mentioned this A WEEK AGO when I applied it wouldn't have been a problem.
    So the manager then tells me I have to get my university to send them a letter and then get my parents to sign the guarantee. She obviously never heard me when I told her (twice) that my parents are not in the country. So I tried to tell her again. Nope, didn't work. On the 4th attempt something must have clicked and the words "parents. not. in. country." took on some meaning.
    But then it turns out I don't need a guarantee at all because *I should have* listed my girlfriend as a co-applicant. But what's this? I did put my girlfriend on the form a week ago? Surely not!
    Oh but I fucking did. And the stupid cow told me to take the name off as I only needed to list my own details.
    So now I have to send the form to America to get her parent's to sign it. Then get it sent back to moron HQ.
    But here's the kicker. It's a first come first served basis. So if someone comes in tonight with a completed form, they get the flat. Despite the fact that I went into the office and filled the form out last Friday.

Oh I forgot another bit. This made me angriest of all. She repeatedly lied to me about how they had been trying to get in contact with me. Trying ever so hard, those poor little mites! Except one thing: They fucking didn't.
    Since Monday I have not left the house between 9 and 5 except from 1 hour on Thursday. And I don't mean I didn't leave the house much, I mean literally only once, for one hour. When someone lies right to me, I see red. When I know they are lying, when they know they are lying, but they just keep on digging themselves a hole. My voice started to tremble and it really took a supreme effort not to scream down the phone.

FUCKING FUCKTARDS!

This post probably has my yearly dose of swearing and typos.

Ah, I feel a bit better now. But I still have the urge to kill. Stupid people don't count as real people, right?

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Sounds kinda like trying to deal with Army finance. You make absolutely sure to fill out all your forms perfectly, only to be told week later that your forms got rejected because they lacked a certain signature. Oh, and they got rejected a week ago. Didn't anybody tell you? I hope you weren't counting on that money to make rent or anything, cause it's not coming until next paycheck, 15 days from now.

If you're lucky.

3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

True, stupid people are meant to be abused in public, thats why we let them survive to adulthood.

Sounds to me like the estate-agents at that company are complete dumbasses. Since you'll need a solicitor anyways, maybe you should get them to contact stupid-central and expedite the whole process.

My advice, and I used it myself when going through the same process a year ago, is RUN! If they're that incompetent, they'll probably screw something else up, and before you know it you'll waste 6-8 weeks just to lose out to a counter-offer they forgot to tell you about. Plus, they dont deserve the commision.

So unless the flat is you dream flat with the perfect view, or is priced well below the market, move on to smarter and better.

Our Host!