payment note to mrs. halster

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by kelticpete, Apr 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. kelticpete

kelticpete New Member

I seem to have mislaid the quest item to give her. I know I accepted the quest and when I went to her (not sure if it was the first time) she did not have the right dialoge. I was storing my stuff at various inns, but I took the time to haul EVERYTHING i had to the inn in tarant and i did not find the payment note.

I made a custom background but do not have/not used hex editor. I was hoping to find a list of item codes or something so that I could add the note to my custom background character (a kind of theif build i designed..did not like any of the regular ones) because i was able to add lockpicks to my initial build as well as the regular stuff most other custom started with like typical gold amount (it was either 100 or 400 not sure)

i know the quest is tiny and won't matter much but I would rather get rid of quests.

2nd problem, probably unfixable: i have jongle's package but I fixed the steam engine before I gave it to him. duh. but by the time I got back to him i did not want to go to old save. he gives me no dialogue even though i have his package....you would think he would still want it. I think if i killed him it would end the quest but a) my character is s theif but not a killer (i only kill things that attack me first) and b) even if i wanted to break character to do that, i think the whole town would go aggro on me.

thanks in advance. loving this game. got it form GOG.com

i am a melee/theif in light armor so far.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Seems pretty unsolvable to me. Mr. Dunne is flagged to hate you should you fix the steam engine and Mrs. Halster won't, of course, accept the quest without the relevant quest item.

Minor things all in all,
    although you miss out on an ending slide in Dunne's case.

3. kelticpete

kelticpete New Member

so my only hope would be to try to add that note to my characters backround.mes unless I want to get hex editor. not sure it will work. is there a list of ALL item codes? I searched forum but did not see one.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Mrs. Halster's note is not an item that can be added via background scripting - there is no proto for it.
    The note was created from gamenote.mes, line 1170 and assigned the internal number of 5243 in the oname.mes.

Adding a new note to the game would be rather time-consuming but possible.
    Just choose an area you haven't been to yet, replicate the note, clean out the Arcanum\modules\Arcanum\maps folder and you should be good to go.

Edit - The WorldEd manual, in the Downloads Section, has a complete listing of the proto-based items in it.

Or it's also available on-line:
    http://terra-arcanum.com/amtut/resources/worlded_manual.htm

Our Host!