Patch Question, NOT ASKING FOR HELP!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Kirov, Nov 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kirov

Kirov New Member

Hello, Im Kirov, I played Arcanum Shortly after it came out. But that was a while Ago and Ive Since loaned the game to sombody, and that turned into giving to them. well, ive orderd a brand new set of disks, and I remember that all those years ago, I had to download a Butload of patches,

Im just wondering if this new patch fixes things like, Mechanical Plate increasing your strength when it origanally didnt.

Or, Has the brandy now been included so you can make friends with that guy who hangs out at the graveyard where all the zombies are. (Its been years I forgot the name of the town, its the one where you get the dog)

Or, Does Hiram Maxim now give you a Machine gun, where as in the past he did not.

Does it include the patch that puts a storage place on your boat.

There were dozens of other patches, that were annoying to have to download one by one.

I would like to know if these are fixed before I download it.

Any answers would be GREATLY Apreaciated.

And I Cant Wait untill my discs arrive, I don't know what caused it. But I have an impulse to start playing the game again.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the forum, Kirov!

I assume you're talking about the Unofficial Arcanum Patch (UAP), so to answer your questions:

1) Yes it does.

2) I seem to remember it does. I know he mentioned giving brandy the same effect as wine.

3) Yes he does.

4) No it doesn't. I haven't checked to see if either of the ship mods is compatable with the UAP, so proceed with caution.

The desire to play again: It's a wonderful game, made even better by a bug-fix patch that solved most of the problems it had.

Enjoy!

3. Kirov

Kirov New Member

Thank You Very Much. Im Glad To See That There Is A Large Online Community That Still Apreaciates This Game.

Heh, A friend, of that friend that I gave the game to, insulted me by saying that this game is obselete and that im probably the only person who's heard of the game and still cares about it. I think that he's sadly mistaken, and is missing out in one of the strongest story lines ive ever had in a game.

Thank you, umm, The hold on the ship isnt important, I just remember having it at one time, If I liberate that wharehouse of rats, then I can just store my stuff there.

Wait, can I still store my stuff there, or Has the patch corrected what I hope isnt a bug, that You can store your stuff in the wharehouse?

If my seemingly ignorant questions bother you I apologize its just been like 5 years since I last played the game. Heh, this waiting for the Postal Service to Deliver my games is maddening!!

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yep!

Just remember: Good things come to those who wait.

And send your friend this way. He'll soon find out how "obsolete" this game really is! :p

5. Kirov

Kirov New Member

Yeah, thanks,

Oh I remember does the patch fix the exploit where working for the madame of the brothel, and you go talk to the halfling doorman, and you collect the debt. and you just stand there collecting the debt over and over again?

I remember on one of my games I did that untill I had 340,000 in gold, to simulate coming from a rich background.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If you install the 1.0.7.4 official patch and then Drog's latest Unofficial Arcanum Patch, you should have pretty much all bugs fixed (and you won't even notice the minor ones which can still be there, considering how the ones you mention are quite major compared to them and were fixed in one of the earliest version, I believe). He put a lot of quality work into that baby and we could say that the game is pretty much flawless now. Not to mention how you'll have some features which were included in the game files, but were blocked from the final version for some reason (for example dynamic shadows or nearly twice as much frames for every creature).

7. Kirov

Kirov New Member

Awsome, Where do you guys find time to do all this?

Any way, yea, since when the game came out I had a PC that wasnt so fast, so alot of the graphics things werent an issue, lol ill probably enjoy it much more now.

And I was dissapointed a little because the guide that I bought had all these cool items in it, and the game was missing alot of it. I don't know what happened, maby they were in a rush to get the game out there or somthing, but as good as Arcanum is, Ive never owned a game that was that far off from what the creators intended.

BUT given the nature of the game, I can see how alot might have gotten around testing.

Oh BTW, Arent you guys going to have loads of fun dealing with windows 7 compatabillity issues?

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

We don't sleep and have no lives, isn't it obvious?

I refuse to acknowledge that there was anything after Windows XP.

9. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Umm... Windows 7 is awesome. It's BETA version works better than XP (and naturally, Vista), and the normal version is just pure win.

10. Kirov

Kirov New Member

Lol, but have you tried to run arcanum on windows 7.

And I happen to agree with Drogg,

I love my XP machine, exept for having some registry issues that I can't permanantly fix because my sister does stupid things.

Anyway, I don't understand any of peoples problems with xp. However, I do note that they got rid of the Help feature in Vista, witch messis with all of my favorite old games, and therefore, that is why, I will run XP for as long as humanly possible.

Anyway if I did have to upgrade, I would still keep my XP PC around, soley for the purpose of arcanum.

And Drogg, I know you get this all the time, but I really Really Really Apreciate what you have done.

11. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I haven't attempted Arcanum in W7 yet, but that's on my to-do list, as soon as work gives me a copy of W7. At that point I'll put together a 'W7, Arcanum, and how to make it work" thread.

12. Kirov

Kirov New Member

Thats Cool.

I wish I could contribute more to the community, but. I can't Im no technical expert, or progammer.

Our Host!