P Schuyler and Sons quest HELP PLEASE (Solved)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Terra, Jan 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Terra

Terra New Member

Okay, so i talked to the guy at P Schuyler and Sons and went down into the basement and killed the guys. I got the telegram but accidentally threw it away, and now i cant seem to get past this part because obviously you need to read the telegram, but it's gone and I have no idea how to get past this part now. I even tried conjuring the dead guy and he wont talk to anyone but his sons so... What now? Man I hope I don't have to restart...

2. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware the only 2 triggers to complete the quest are either talking to the father through the event with the sons, or finding the telegram in the locked containers and reading it.

You might be hosed, I hope you have a save file you can reload. Maybe someone else has ideas?

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Go kill Gilbert Bates and read his journal. The main quest will go straight on from there.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Every time I turn around I learn some new means to an end in this game.

I wish the golden age of the CRPG wasn't over sometimes....

5. Terra

Terra New Member

Well I Was planning on having a good alignment, but seeing as there's no other way to circumvent this, I have indeed killed Mr. Bates, and I am now back on track. Thanks for your help guys, and maybe I'll give being evil a try, I've always wanted Torian Kel in my party.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Killing him is a minor inconvenience. You can still be good from that point on. Bates is by no standards a "good" man.

7. Sorg

Sorg Member

Yes, he only pays 200g for the ring! A rich man like him can pay so much more for something that valuable to him!

8. manillungol

manillungol New Member

I've always found his pay for the black mountain mine storyline to be lacking as well.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The rich can afford extravagance, yet perennial avoidance of it is what made and keeps them rich in the first place.

Our Host!