Otto Krupp's Firearms mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Otto Krupp, Feb 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

I've managed to put together a mod that alters the values for most of the firearms and the non-magical bows in Arcanum. The mod is primarily geared for single player turn based combat.

For right now you can download it off of Yahoo. The file is extremely small at around 35kb so it shouldn't be a problem getting it.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/kruppgunworks

2. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Krupp's Gun Sound Kit #1

Now available Krupp's Gun Sound Kit #1.

Some hopefully better sounding gunshots for the Arcanum guns plus 3 new gunshots sounds to give some of your favorite firearms that unique sound they deserve. And as an added bonus a small sampling of ricochet sounds to choose from including the "Spaghetti Western ricochet".

The file will eventually be up here but as always you can get here first.

Filesize is approx. 280kb

3. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Thanks for the mod!

I'm playing as a tech gunslinger right now... because of your mod! :grin:
    I avoided that in the past because guns are soooooo weak in Arcanum.

The sound mod will sure make things even better! :grin:

4. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

i downloaded the mod but i cant seem to work it...
    help?

5. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Ringlord if you could list exactly what you did and I'll see if I can help. I'm not the best at doing readme's.

Basically all you need to do is cut and paste the new protos into ArcanumDataproto and let them overwrite the originals.

So RingLord does the lack of response indicate you got things working?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-11 09:01 ]</font>

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Medical Arachnid Fix

Found and squashed the bug that kept player produced Medical Arachnids from working.

Its a very small download only 15kb.

As always it'll be mirrored here.

Also the Mad Texan has been kind enough to mirror my files. He has a nice tech oriented site and a some hacks/mods of his own including a fix for the Machined Platemail.

http://madtexan.com/arcanum/arcanum

OK theres no denying it I suck at writing the readme's.

If you get Medical Arachnid fix extract the files using folder names. You'll have two versions of the schematic.mes one in a folder named "Stock" and the other named "Krupp12".

The version in Stock folder is for the standard game.

The Krupp12 version of schematic.mes also has the two schematic tweaks I added in the RangedWeaponMod1.2.

If your using the RWmod and DON'T want the schematic tweaks I added use the one in Stock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-09 06:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-10 07:54 ]</font>

7. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Now version 1.32J. Few minor changes.

Changed the Hushed Revolver to use same sound as Hushed Pistol as it was using regular pistol sound.

Edited the item_effect.mes file so the Elven Hunters Bow and Bow of Terror now show the new damage values. Troika had the values showing for Bow of Terror wrong anyway.

Still the Special Jarinor edition:)

Bows overhauled including magic ones.

Not too much changed with the firearms.

Added another zip with some silencer sounds to choose from.

Bows now included in the changes doc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-22 15:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-22 16:41 ]</font>

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah! Good for bows! Too bad I don't really play Arcanum any more...

9. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Well then its a good time to start playing again Jarinor:)

OK kids these small zips just weren't practical when it came to updating. So the RangedWeapon mod is now the "All in One"(AIO) Hack. Combined the contents of the RW mod, Med Arachnid fix and SoundKits into one 380kb zip.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wasn't the Medical Arachnid fixed in 1074? I mean, they worked fine for me.

11. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

The Medical Arachnid you get for completing a quest works. The ones you make yourself from the learned schematic don't work. Which made it pretty obvious that there was a working one somewhere in the files.

In description.mes their are two medical arachnids listed #15176 and #15212 at the very end of the list. The original medical arachnid and the unused illuminated decoy schematics both had item #15176 as their output and neither works.

All I did was change the output of the medical arachnid schematic to the #15212 and it worked. Call it a typo, oversight or whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-23 20:46 ]</font>

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Can you fix the explosive decoys to work as well? Whenever you throw them, they never activate properly. Dammit, if I want to send a message with a stack of TNT, then I want to see the body parts flying.

13. Ioo

Ioo New Member

You don't need dynamite for that

14. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Well Jarinor it doesn't work because it was never finished. Shouldn't have been put into the game.

Just checked the Bellring/Noisemaker Decoy and it doesn't seem to work either. Looks like the Clockwork is the only decoy that ever finished.

I think it may be possible to fix the Explosive though. Most of it could be copied from the Clockwork Decoy. Then it would need a "death" script that triggers a grenade explosion. I've barely looked at scripting so if someone else wanted to try it...

15. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Maxim/Mechanized Gun fix

Just posted another little fix in my YBC.

This one fixes the problem with Maxim not making a Mechanized Gun for the player. I put up two versions to hopefully avoid confusion, one for use with my hack and one for use with the regular game.

I found an error in the Autoloading Chamber proto that kept it from being recognized as the correct component.

I altered the item requirements to the same as if a player made a Mechanized Gun. So now you'll need a Hunting Rifle, Revolver Chamber and Autoloading Chamber.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-24 14:30 ]</font>

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Now that's a shame, because I used to be able to get a couple of guns from Maxim without ever giving him anything - there was an oversight with the script/dialog where if you had the components, but on another person in your party, he'd still make the gun, and you'd still have the components.

17. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Just for you Jar-baby the Explosive Decoy is now fixed compliments of Hexrei.

For everyone else I uploaded all(?) the notes on hex-editing the proto's.

Same bat time. Same bat channel.

AIO v2 should up in a few weeks more or less.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What is AIO v2?

Thanks for fixing the explosive decoy...although, not many people use it. Who can be bothered going down both explosive and mechanical paths, without doing at least one other path, because mechanical and explosive cross only once.

19. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Jarninor have you ever considered its that kind of attitude that got your ancestors shipped off to a penal colony in the first place?

That and I think I can safely say before it was fixed absolutely NO ONE used it. Didn't take a college level course in logic to figure that one out.

And last I hate to burst your bubble but you are not the center of universe. I just said that to see what negative or "thats nice why don't you fix (fill in the blank)" comment you would come up with next.

Main reason for wanting to fix it was because its in the game. It was easier to fix than to figure how to remove it.

20. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Our Host!