Osama bin Laden dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magikot, May 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Well good, the guy's finally dead. Does this mean we can pull out our troops?

3. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I wish. We'll see what the response is from the jihadist community. Hopefully I won't be heading into a shit-storm when I go to Afghanistan next month.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Ugh. One of my good friends is in Afghanistan, I just hope he comes back.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Second person I've come across who's said this, and it still doesn't make sense. Why was this the first thought that pops up? Mine was concern that it would mean a war with Pakistan, since it turns out he was there all along.

Pulling out en masse is risky at the moment, anyway. We have to shove our guys onto an airbus and hope nobody with a rocket sees them since we lost Camp Mirage.

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Eh! Well that's that then!!

Gross, the industrial-military machine is not autistic: It can and does lie to you. The purpose of the war is to redistribute resources "in America's national interest", ie, to take their stuff, not to make the world safe from supervillains.

Hell, Bin Laden was CIA-trained and a tool in their machiavellian games during the cold war. It's not like they've stopped the billions of american dollars going to the taliban and al qaeda via the domestic US heroin market... the status quo suits them just fine.

Sorry Japes. I've nothing but respect for your courage, and I totally agree that these guys are an intolerable evil, I just see bigger villains on our side as well. Qaplah!

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    But did he actually die in Pakistan?

Death certificate, bitch!

8. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Wow, we're getting our tinfoil hats on pretty quickly here.

9. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Right, sorry. Please excuse me.

Everything's great! Hooray for free-market capitalism!

Those in power have our well-being at heart and everything is exactly as they tell us.

Yay! The future is so bright! USA! USA!

PS - Is that normal enough for you?

10. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

Yeah, you got that shit down.

I am also confused by the thought that this would lead to pulling out of Afghanistan. He wasn't there.

Apparantly he's already been buried at sea. So no conclusive photographic evidence is likely to be forthcoming. I imagine we're going to need a whole lot of tin foil.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Funny how the yanks looks exactly like the terrorists they hate so much, jumping up and down in the streets.

12. Charonte

Charonte Member

What, you don't think a doctor can be bought? I won't believe it until I see his corpse swinging from a branch, and even then I doubt I'll care. It wont change anything; wars will still be fought in the Middle East in the name of combating "terror" (despite causing much and the same in said countries), America will still lay claim to resources that they don't own and feign interest in matters not of their concern and at the end of it all, people are still going to be shot and killed - irrespective of Bin Laden's martyrdom or not.

What bothers me more than the fact that this was broadcasted at ~11pm on a Sunday night instead of 8 or so hours later to "properly" make headlines, is Obama's speech afterwards. The fact that they didn't (apparently) seek the pakistani government's permission before performing this operation, makes the whole "what we can achieve as a nation" or "if we put our minds to it... we can do anything" line sound like America is basically saying "we can do whatever we damn well please; If you don't like it [Pakistan], say something and we'll invade your country and kill your people too".

It reminds me a lot of Bush's decleration of war on Iraq, actually: "you and your culture is backwards. Your tyranical rule must come to an end; we will convert this country to democracy whether you like it or not" (ignorning all of the other crap on WMD's etc). Thankfully Obama must be somewhat more defensive else he would have invaded Libya by now, but the fact that the U.S feels that they can just bully other nations out of the way frustrates me, particularly when they are on the decline as a whole like they have been in recent times.

Sometimes I wonder (and I mean no personal offense to the various Amerikan personalities on this forum) if it would not be beneficial for some other power to say "fuck you USA, we want your outdated, fascist bullshit outa here" and send their troops over that way; atleast then the various heads of state and other powers that be might wake up and think "well fuck, we're just not that important anymore"

13. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

14. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

They've DNA'd him. (So they say, they've also disposed of the body)

I can't imagine it would be beneficial for the other power.

15. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

That's an asinine statement if I ever heard one. An invasion of the U.S. could only be bad for everyone. It makes a fun scenario for a Call of Duty game, but there's a reason it has never happened: Captain America.

Also, nuclear holocaust.

16. Charonte

Charonte Member

Asinine and stupid, perhaps. Honest, definately.

17. `Makopabeef

`Makopabeef New Member

Bin Laden may be dead, but his ideas are not.

18. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

My daddy says, "Why would they bury him at sea when he lives all the way up in the mountains??"

19. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

To hide the body. It's very likely that it wasn't him and the US is only making false propaganda.

20. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Because if there was a grave site it would be turned into a monument of evil by those that agree with him. By disposing of him at sea, his ability to become a martyr to his cause is minimized.

There is a difference between celebrating the death of thousands of innocents and celebrating justice being brought to the one who mastermind the death of those innocents.

The Arab peoples dancing in the streets over every successful attack against the nations of the world are monsters celebrating the death of those that have never wished them harm, never caused them harm, and never even spared them a moment's thought. The Americans dancing in the streets over the killing of bin Laden are celebrating long overdue justice at the eradication of a monster who killed their loved ones without provocation, whose continued threats have kept them up at night in fear, who taunted and wantonly murdered thousands throughout the world.

How dare you say it's the same?

Our Host!