opinion education and fashion

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by rone talek, Nov 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rone talek

rone talek New Member

i have 3 questions:

1 how do you make a follower good?

2 can you train a follower ?

3 is there jewlry that leans more towards tech rather than magic?

2. toller

toller New Member

1. The team will earn alignment points for doing tasks. But some followers have game limits on alignment; there aignment is limited on how high it can go. If you look at the game options when defining a new character and you also can select to limit alignment leaving you dark the entire game.

2. Only if your playing this game as a teacher. Againg this is explained in the game options. Don't ever start a new game without knowing what your character is, that would be a surprise.

3. You earn towards tech by doing tech things. Add lockpick, Add repair. And many other tech skills cause lowering of the magic/tech meter. But it will also make magic less effective.

3. rone talek

rone talek New Member

i could not find anything on being a 'teacher' please explain

also i did not under stand your responce to my question on tech jewlry

p.s. my caracter is almost at 70 tech and no magic jewlry will work for him

4. Womble

Womble New Member

You don't. Followers have a fixed alignment as far as I can tell. You cannot convert an evil character into good. The only exception is Virgil, whose alignment seems ro mirror yours- when you're good, he is good, when you're evil, he is evil.

Followers have fixed level-up schemes, and without editing the files you cannot control them. Whenever you gain a level, so do your followers, and they invest the earned character points in accordance with their scheme.

What you can do is take Educator background. It allows you to train your followers' skills to one level below yours. If, for example, you gain Melee Expert status, all those in your party who have melee skill will become Apprentices. When you become a Master, they become Experts. Keep in mind though, that with this background you can have one less follower. It is still worth it though, especially if you want a gun toting team.

There are a few pieces of neutral jewelry that works well for both tech and magic. Jewel of Hebe (+1BE, +2CH I believe), Cassie's Necklace (+40 MR), Mannox's finger amulet and a couple of rings. The only tech jewelry is the Charged Rings.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

The fun pass to Bates' secret shop is also tech, it's a necklace that gives you +15 to Tech alignment, and +2/4 to repair and firearms. You need to talk to Bates four times before going to the Isle of Despair. There's another trick to it, I'll try to remember. You can buy all sorts of things in there, it's pretty cool.

Shhhh... he doesn't know

6. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Our Host!