oops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ogatai, Sep 13, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Uh lets hypothetically say you like someone. Aand they broke up with someone and they know you like them. And a few weeks ago they made a new friend and you knew where that was going, even though you lied to yourself and refused to truly believe it then you go to a gig with friends and you observe a one point that they're making out, just when the band peaking to the everyone get ready to mosh and then you vent out in the moshing frustration. Then everyone realises why your angry they make a fuss you get mad and say a few things about this and that and spend the rest of the weekend in silence to yourself and everyone else. Only to revel in some unexplainable revelation and acceptance of the other persons decision knowing that it could lead to the loss of a good friend as well a good deal of sanity, but still secretly brew a large amount of grief and depression that would have been eased substantially had things gone differently. What would you do? :-?

2. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I'm not sure I follow you. You like someone who just broke up with someone else, then make a friend who ran off with the person you liked originally?

Your new friend isn't your friend, the chick (assume?) you like is on the rebound so let her know your interested, but dont start anything. You dont want to be the rebound guy cause then you'll live in the shadow of whats-his-face forever. Your other friends are pussy's if they got mad at you for venting your frustrations in the pit. Thats what its there for! Ditch those wimps and get some real friends.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well he could always hang around here on Saturdays, I'll even buy him a drink.

4. xento

xento New Member

5. Vorak

Fake your own death, then you can gloat from the shadows as your friends mourn.

6. Maximus

Maximus New Member

HAHA! I like the one about headbutting the sidewalk!

7. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

What to do Ogatai, what to do?

If I understan correctly she is now with another guy than the one who she broke it off with. As far as my logic goes this guy is then only the rebound guy. If this is the case then that won't last very long, and when it doesn't last any more. That is when you should go for it.

8. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Wel you may be on to something there. However I think I'll just appologise for getting so mad at them in the first place. Then I'll just wing it. Oh well at least I still have Arcanum to drown myself in. Yup. I'll do what I've always done and bottle that sadness and frustration till I release it all at an appropriate moment. :thumbup:

9. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, sorry. As xento said, suicide is the only way.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like he didn't exactly rule out suicide.

11. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

And what do you propose as the most conservative way of going?

12. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

He could go on a rampage in Tarrant as an half-ogre for a couple of hours while ignoring the fact that he has to eat and sleep. After that, he might think he's still an ogre and go rampaging the real world. The whole thing could end up nicely with a suicide or, if he's lucky he could be shot by some random policeman. Then he would at least be remembered for, lets say, four or five years. Maybe less. If you really want to die, do it with style. Or something...

13. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

He would be remembered for longer time (for insanity) if he would try to make this rampage imagining that he's an elf mage. And the last years of his life he would live in our favorite world. But he would be surely sad to see that shops have no Arcaned Platemail but a lot of bread and Dwarwen snuff.

14. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

The probelm with being a mage is that he wouldn't harm anyone since he accually can't cast any spells. If he thinks he's an ogre, or, even better, a dwarf gunslinger, then he would at least do some damage.

15. Grossenschwamm

Well, he might be able to batter your ego as a mage...However, it's been shown that, if a person wants it enough (and this want is fueled by insanity), they can make their thoughts happen.
    Being only slightly insane, the best I can do is cause certain people to see things.

16. xento

xento New Member

How about telling a member of the Chinese Mafia that he is a "small-dicked, yellow-skinned, squint-eyed Chink piece of shit" to his face? Effective, fast, and there is no mess for your family to clean up (assuming the Mafia goes all the way and disposes of the body, saving your parents the burden of paying funeral costs).

Of course, there's always a chance that you'll just get the shit beat out of you, which wouldn't altogether be a pointless endeavor. I'd say it's a win-win situation.

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm a big fan of poison, personally. easy to find, easy to use.

18. Vorak

Tel getting the shit beat out of him?

Lets go everyone I'll bring the popcorn.

19. Grossenschwamm

20. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

skittles have an edge to them. give me starburst.

Our Host!