On the topic of Spam and Spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demosthenes, Aug 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Have you tried spam?

1. Yes, yes I have.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Never. In fact, the thought of it makes my blood boil.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You're a fool for making this poll Demosthenes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I didn't like any of the other options so I picked this one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Patronize can also mean to be a patron to. (As in, I am buying something from this shop, so I am patronizing it.) Therefore, in buying dairy products, Chalupa is patronizing the dairy industry.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ok, but shes still a hipocrite (is that the right spelling?) and that was my point

3. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

This is the correct spelling for hypocrite.

It would seem that Snowmane knows the meaning of "patronize". You should take a lesson from her, Sleek. You should also get your hands on a dictionary and -- using the correct spelling printed here -- look up "hypocrisy".

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Whoa, I'm an Ageless Blade, when did this happen? Now I can't recognize my posts as my posts. The sword is so different from the gun. This is pure confused babble with a dose of spam.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Sleek - Shut the fuck up while you can still maintain some of the charade you obviously believe in (that you're 18 and about to finish high school).

Demosthenes - A) You gay bastard (in reference to another thread, and you know which one), and B) Shut the fuck up, and stop spamming :).

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

A. I don't know which one
    B. Sorry

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ok, chalupa cobra, from now on you are a hypocrisy and i guess given the situation yer also a big fat smelly double dutch hypocrisy at that, because in attempting to correct my grammar all you did was give me completely wrong advice

and by the way, what i just did was patronize you.

<grabs random house webster's college dictionary dictionary!>

hypocrisy- 1. the false proffession of desirable or publicly approved qualities, beliefs, or feelings, esp. a pretense of having virtues moral pincipal's or religious beliefs that one does not really possess. 2. an act or instane of hypocrisy.

hipocrite- a PERSON who practices HYPOCRISY

and yes in fact i was also using patronize correclty <flips to the words begining with P>

PATRONIZE! 1. to give (a stor restaurant or hotel, etc.) ones regular patronage. 2. to behave in an offensively condescending manner toward 3. to act as a patron toward

so yes, go to hell chalupa cobra, when you buy milk you are you are in essence patronizing both the dairy industry and your own beliefs in that A: you are buying milk and cheese and ice cream etc.
    B: you are not showing a lot of respect for the vegetarian ideals you seem to have by buying these things

so give me a friggin break, i'm right you're wrong. :)

and there you go, both proof that i can use a dictionary, and comprehend the total meaning of a word at the same time.

oh and btw jarinor i already graduated high school! BAM! :razz:

8. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

One question: why am I a hypocrite?

Secondly, I never said that patronize didn't mean to act in a conscending manner. I said that it also meant to be a patron to.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

sorry, you arent a hipocrite, i just confused myself, conversation got away from i guess... i'll correct it, i meant chalupa cobra.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, Sleek, I think your school should perhaps have included some sort of competency in English test, as you seem to have severe problems with all of the basic functions - comprehension, spelling, grammar and thinking. No wait, the thinking isn't a specific English problem. You still have it though.

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

what? i was completely correct in everything except for the fact that i said snowmane instead of chalupa cobra at first!!!! give me a friggin break!

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yes, your use of hypocrisy in there is completely correct, isn't it? Never mind that the grammar is all fucked up, you're using the wrong version of the word (it should be hypocrite, not a hypocrisy, dumbass). You are, and I quote:

Way to fuck up.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

GOD DAMMIT READ THE REST OF THE THREAD BEFORE MAKING FUN OF ME! I'M STILL RIGHT!

I was MAKING FUN of chalupa cobra because i had used hipocrite in a previous post and she immediatly told me the word was HYPOCRISY
    and i quote!
    SO THERE! i was participating in the act of MOCKERY suck my slightly undersize penis jarinor[/quote]

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Sleek, you're fucking numb. Chupa Chups wasn't telling you to use "hypocrisy" instead of your fucked up spelling of "hypocrite", he simply told you to look it up. Quit defending yourself, it just makes you look dense.

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

NOOOOOO. oh well, at least my intentions were feasible. though reality has kind of shut me down. if it had been the way i thought it was that part of the post would make sense. but oh well. i was still right from my own myopic point of view.

so yes, jarinor was right, and snowmane is in no way a hypocrite... but chuppy was still wrong about the definitions, so other than what jar pointed out, i am infallible.

someone slap me.

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

18. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I find it funny that Sleek made a fool of himself without my having to interject. RDRR!!

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

its funny that you're a fucking idiot that has to post in conversations that ended a week ago. oh the threads inherint funniness wasnt truly decided until you made the decision to voice your opinion. did you hear that everyone? chalupa cobra said its funny! its ok to laugh now!

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Isn't it a slight drawback that nothing Chalupa says is actually funny? :lol:

Our Host!