On the topic of Spam and Spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demosthenes, Aug 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Have you tried spam?

1. Yes, yes I have.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Never. In fact, the thought of it makes my blood boil.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You're a fool for making this poll Demosthenes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I didn't like any of the other options so I picked this one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I was thinking about Spam today and was wondering if anyone else here has tried it? I'm not talking about the useless computer spam that occasionally infests this forum. Instead I poll the forum to determine who has dared to taste the processed food substitute to end all processed food substitutes.

I'm making this poll out of sheer boredom.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

spamspamspamspam

I haven't had Spam in ages, but as I remember it was quite tasty. Perhaps I'll get some next time I go shopping now that I've got my mind on it....

I don't recall exactly, is it salty? If so perhaps I'll pick up some beer as well.

That reminds me, do they make Beer Nuts anymore? Oh I used to love those things, peanuts with honey and general salty goodness.... I haven't seen them sold for, like, ever. Phisoderm too. Well Phisoderm has this new formula but it's for acne, it's not the good old body wash stuff of days past. I really need to find a new liquid soap suitable for those secret places.

Does anyone else find it odd that Jinxed looks exactly like my ex-fiancee? Right down to the Polish government-issue eyeglasses. Jinxed isn't a mathematician, is he? :paranoid:

Anyone see Eric Gange pitch last night? He's divine. Now if only the Dodgers could hit they might have a good team. I'm still angry that they traded Eric Karros for a backup catcher; that man had the nicest butt first base ever saw. (What? That doesn't make me shallow, does it?)

Oh god, I hate these stiflingly hot weekends when you don't want to get out and do anything. WAY to hot to go to the park and play ball. I think I'll barbeque some sausages. Yes, that sounds like a good plan. Maybe they'll cook themselves out in the sun without a fire.

Well, nice chatting with you, girlfriend. :p

3. AngrySyrian

AngrySyrian New Member

I haven't eaten it in a few years but from what I remember, it's good when used in sandwiches or with burger buns. (Un)fortunately, I'm 14 and still living with my parents, and my mom is a major health freak, so yeah, I haven't been able to eat it for quite some time.

4. gargob

gargob New Member

I've tried spam but unfortunately I've developed an allergy to processed meat. :cry:

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Re: spamspamspamspam

A woman who picks up beer to drink with meat is my type of woman. Especially if the beer is for me :D.

Given that we don't know what your ex-fiancee looks like, we can't find it odd, can we? Of course, now that you've mentioned it, we all think your ex-fiancee looks like Jinxed. As for Jinxed being a mathematician, HA!

I no watch silly baseball game. I laughed my ass off though when I read that Barry Bonds dropped the catch that would otherwise have won the game for his team last year. Consequently, they lost the World Series. I guess destiny was speaking to him.

A barbeque, now that is a plan. Get a telly set up outside (tuned to the seasonal sport of choice), more snags than you can eat, enough steak for everyone and 20 of your closest friends around and you have one great way to spend Saturday or Sunday arvo.

Oh yeah, never had spam, but pretty sure I wouldn't like the stuff.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Re: spamspamspamspam

I know, that's why I mentioned it. Extreme heat and beer always make me way too easily amused. :shrug:

Waaaaaaaay ahead o' ya. I've even got the cable set up out there.

It turned out to be a sausage fest for me and my dogs, along with a solo skinny-dipping session in the pool. I am such a loser.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

I eat Spam all the time. I grew up eating Spam. My ancestors probably chopped up pigs in the philippines centuries ago and turned it into some fleshy pink shit that was amazingly like spam.

It's good stuff. A lot of people have this unreasonable aversion to it that I don't understand. Yeah, it's miscellaneous bits of pig that you probably don't want to know exactly what it is, but then, what's a hot dog? What's bologne? What's in a McDonald's hamburger? It's all low-quality shit meat that's not even dog-food grade anyway. So why not make it pink and salty and eat it over some hot rice? Mmmm Mmmm, heart-stoppingly good.

8. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Canis wrote:
    Hey, at least you are in summer, in holidays, and can allow yourself to do nothing. In this side of the world it's winter, days are freezingly cold, and it's the middle of the year. Fancy waking up 6:30 a.m., to a really cold, rainy, and generally uninviting morning (actually at that hour it's still night), spending up to 9 hours at highschool, and then coming back home to a ton of homework? Well, probably you're past highschool age, but that would only make it worse (go to work instead of school-if you have one; quite an amount of people here don't have one and have to spend the day in the streets trying to have someone give you money or worse, stealing it). :-x
    Of course, I also hate it when it's too hot; I just say that it could be worse. There are still things that can be done in such situations anyway. I find it nice to make myself a member for the summer of a sports club - the guys have a large swimming pool outdoors full of cold water, where you can stay all day long if you want (being a member of course). Yes, that's the best way of spending a hot summer day-inside a cold swimming pool. Otherwise you can just stay home and call a friend to see if she has any ideas. :)

And back on topic no, I've never tried spam. Maybe I will someday. :roll:

PS Don't take anything I said too seriously (first part of the post at least). Just needed to vent out my misery. :/

9. Canis

Canis New Member

Hey, it can get freezingly cold here too. Sometimes at night it can get down into the mid-thirties, but then the governor declares a state of emergency and the National Guard is called out to maintain order among the terrified citizenry who no doubt are convinced The End Is Near.

Ever see the film L.A. Story, in which Steve Martin's weatherman character interviews people to find out what they did that night when the temperature dropped to fifty-five degrees?! That wasn't a joke.

But anyway, today it was 94 and absolutely stifling. Good thing it was the weekend and I didn't have to do anything, because I might not have been able to even if I tried.

Oh, and I am like so past caring about the "troubles" of high schoolers. :roll:

Spam! There, on-topic again.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:

That's... that's roughly + 1,5 degrees Celsius! Do you call that cold? Have you ever been outside when it's -35 degrees Celsius (if I counted this correctly that would be -31 in Farenheit)? Well, I've been. Hell, I've taken the dogs for long walks such days. Been outside for hours! And I've never had one thought of that being a national emergency.

You weak Americans :D

You do realize that I would instantly die if it ever turned so hot, don't you?

11. gargob

gargob New Member

Maybe their adaption skills aren't that good as ours.

Example when my cousins from America came to the Philippines. They kept on whining on how hot it was when it was just average temperature here.

12. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Meat is murder. Spam is blended, salted, pressed murder with a bad flavor to it.

Exposed flesh at -60 degrees Fahrenheit becomes frostbitten in half an hour. I lived in Fairbanks, Alaska, for a year. It got that cold but I wasn't out in it long enough to become frostbitten. Frozen mucus membranes!

13. Dark Elf

Media:
    No! Spam is a delicious blend of various pieces of pork. Spam is holy. Never forget that!

Aren't such temperatures just lovely?

14. Canis

Canis New Member

More like, "You weak Angelenos." I once saw a comic strip that had a couple of people huddled up in fur coats on what was clearly a pleasant day, and it said something to the effect that people from Los Angeles tend to freeze to death at room temperature.

I think the coldest I've been in was -10 Fahrenheit. Mind, I didn't hang around long enough to savor the experience. My dogs would probably love such weather though.

The current "deadly heat wave" in Europe is something of a joke around here, as it's just about that hot in Los Angeles every day during the summer.

15. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

So many people complain too much. They are just weak, little, sissy, pansy-cake chicken-babies without spines.

16. gargob

gargob New Member

That sounds like a fried boneless chicken.

17. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh I know what you mean. Especially those weak-kneed spineless sissies who whine about people not using the search in every goddamn thread, ooooo don't they just get your goat.

18. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I'm sorry, Canis. I don't own a goat. Not to say it was stolen, for I've NEVER owned a goat.

19. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

You are all weak, how much is -60 fahrenheit in celicius? Ever tried to go out, in only a boxershort and two shoes when it is -30 celcious, just to take a piss? No fun, but it tends to wake you upp.

20. Dark Elf

Media:
    You know, I've actually tried that. Without shoes, for that matter. If you're tired, it's the perfect cure :) .

By the way, -60 Farenheit equals some -50 degrees Celsius. I don't recommend taking a deep breath in that temperature.

I thought you used the Celsius scale in Norway... but I guess I'm wrong as always :roll: ...

Our Host!