Old hardware for WorldEd?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Zenturio, Feb 5, 2018.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zenturio

Zenturio New Member

Hello,

I want to use the WorldEd.exe from Arcanum, but it lags like hell. Especially if I zoom in or out. Sometimes, it doesn't show placed npc's until I restart the whole editor or it doesn't update the terrain map.
    I'm running the editor on Win7. Even in compatibility mode, no better running-behavior is achieved. To me, it looks like the editor (written in 2001) expects older cpu/graphiccard to speak to.
    My hardware is from around 2009, so I thought I build a computer with older hardware from around 2001, installing WinXP, hoping that I can work with the editor then.

Might this work?
    Any other suggestions?

2. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

There is actually a simple fix for slowdowns on modern hardware, you just need to install wine d3d dlls available on the net or in Arcanum Factory. It should run smoothly after that.

Zenturio likes this.
  3. Zenturio

Zenturio New Member

Ok, thank you. I placed the 3 files into the Arcanum install dir.
    WorldEd is running much better now, but the left toolbox is black and only some parts of it are updating if I run over with the mousecursor. Is there a fix for that?
    Because I don't see the buttons as long as I didn't got and clicked one.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  4. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

The only 'fix' I know for WorldEd interface blacked out is to minimize / restore the window. I highly suggest using arcanum + patch 1074 + uap with extra content.
    Almost there ;)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Zenturio likes this.
Our Host!