OKAY, throw your outlandish charachter ideas at me

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Spoffler, Jul 3, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spoffler

Spoffler New Member

Im looking to play the game through with either some humor, difficulty or just a new spin on the game. Having finished with most types of chars previously, i'd like to try something new. what do you guys think?

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Take the sold your soul to a demon background. Buy the wooden ring in the merchant when beggining the game (there is NO other wooden ring in the game, I think). Have it on all the time, even if you are drowning in arcane rings. name yourself "Wooden Ring's slave". Because you are a humble slave and servant of the allmighty Wooden Ring. Imagine that it talks to you, parasites on your brain, make you do things, etc. Sometime in the game make strange things, like in a middle of a dialogue, when there is a attack-for-no-reason option, take it, "because The Ring demands BLOOD!!". Make your goal in the game helping The Ring to gain world domination. Or world destruction. Or first domination and then destruction.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Don't forget that the wooden ring is jealous of you paying so much attention to Gilbert Bate's ring.

5. Spoffler

Spoffler New Member

if i give it passion root will it forgive me?

6. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

7. Grossenschwamm

No. You need to extract the resin from a coca plant and apply it as a salve to the ring. Some numbness and a warm feeling in the applied area is normal. Caution;
    Do not put the crack-salve on your genitals.

8. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Quoted for being the most awesome thing I've read today.

9. Spoffler

Spoffler New Member

Duley Noted.

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You people actually are trying to bribe The Allmighty Wooden Ring?! Only bloody sacrifaces can repay your sins! Sacrifacing all Arcanum!! Or giving earl grey tea.. You know, The Allmighty Wooden Ring may be a bloodfirsty psychopath, but he is a gentleman after all. In his own..."terms of meaning".

Hehe, thanks for thr opinion, Philes. ;)

11. SpiritWarrior

SpiritWarrior New Member

I am new to the forums, but a pretty old hand at creating characters in general.
    That said, I've made a lot of very interesting moronic choices starting out, like having zero combat skills but good tech skills, making spike traps and luring the thieves at the bridge in Shrouded Hills into them until him and the Ogres he rode in on die.
    I started out with a melee/persuasion/strength, dexterity, and charisma character. I walked into the Council-room in Caladon and demanded everything I wanted, completely bending them over a barrel and they said "we accept your terms." That was hilarious. If I can convince them even the dumbest ideas are sound, what sort of monster would I be as a persuasion Master? A very persuasive one, that's what.
    Right now I am working on a character with the barest skills possible simply to help me out and then learning all the tech skills.
    But the best character so far I have made is Bare-Naked Beauty Queen. Basically, she goes through the entire game, nude, beauty is as high as possible, and essentially making every NPC in the game blush. Who wants to attack a naked woman anyway?

12. UberLord

UberLord New Member

Having uber technology skills is the way to go whether you are the best hero in all Acranum or a wretched piece of unholy shit. You never know what found schematics you will be able to learn though, if you don't have this list I found.

Chemistry Level 1 Fortifier (restores energy)
    Electrical Level 1 Lemon-Potato Charges (equivalent to Chemistry charges)
    Explosives Level 1 Bullets (for pistols and rifles)

Chemistry Level 3 Fuel
    Mechanical Level 3 Compound Bow (improved bow)

Gun Smithy Level 4 High Velocity Pistol (improved fancy pistol)

Electrical Level 6 Flow Disruptor (shield of protection vs. magic)
    Gun Smithy Level 6 Blade Launcher (improved elephant gun)
    Gun Smithy Level 6 Long Range Pistol (improved looking glass rifle)
    Herbology Level 6 Invigorator (cures fatigue and damage)
    Mechanical Level 6 Mechanical Dagger (improved fine steel dagger)

Gun Smithy Level 7 Mechanized Gun (improved repeater rifle)

Electrical Level 2 *AND* Smithy Level 1 Miner's Helmet (helmet lets you see in the dark)
    Smithy Level 2 *AND* Explosives Level 1 Pyrotechnic Axe (tech axe does extra fire damage)
    Electrical Level 4 *AND* Smithy Level 1 Charged Sword (tech sword does extra electrical damage)
    Electrical Level 4 *AND* Mechanical Level 2 Pyrotechnic Bow (tech bow does extra fire damage)
    Explosives Level 4 *AND* Gun Smithy Level 4 Flame Thrower (repeater rifle does extra fire damage)
    Chemistry Level 5 *AND* Electrical Level 4 Necromizer (creates undead)
    Explosives Level 5 *AND* Smithy Level 4 Concussion Grenade (more powerful version of Explosive Grenade)

Electrical Level 6 *AND* Smithy Level 1 Electro-Armor (tech armor of protection vs. electrical attacks)
    Chemistry Level 6 *AND* Smithy Level 1 Envenomed Sword (tech sword does extra poison damage)
    Chemistry Level 6 *AND* Smithy Level 2 Envenomed Axe (tech axe does extra poison damage)
    Chemistry Level 6 *AND* Mechanical Level 2 Envenomed Bow (tech bow does extra poison damage)
    Mechanical Level 6 *AND* Electrical Level 3 Detonator
    Chemistry Level 6 *AND* Gun Smithy Level 4 Acid Gun (repeater rifle does extra acid damage)
    Herbology Level 6 *AND* Electrical Level 4 Reanimator (resurrects dead character)
    Chemistry Level 6 *AND* Explosives Level 5 Paralysis Grenade (paralyzes enemies)
    Chemistry Level 6 *AND* Gun Smithy Level 5 Tranquilizer Gun (puts enemies to sleep)
    Gun Smithy Level 6 *AND* Electrical Level 5 Tesla Gun (one real ass-kicker, mother #@^%*$ of a weapon, fires bolts of electricity)
    Gun Smithy Level 6 *AND* Explosives Level 5 Grenade Launcher (I'm not sure if you need to keep supplying this thing with grenades or not)
    Mechanical Level 6 *AND* Explosives Level 5 Explosive Decoy (improved Clockwork Decoy)

Mechanical Level 7 *AND* Smithy Level 1 Goggled Helmet (helmet increases perception)
    Mechanical Level 7 *AND* Smithy Level 2 Machined Plate Mail (tech armor increases STR and resistances)
    Mechanical Level 7 *AND* Smithy Level 2 Automaton (more powerful Mechanized Arachnid)
    Therapeutics Level 7 *AND* Chemistry Level 5 Brain Builder (increases INT, decreases STR)
    Therapeutics Level 7 *AND* Chemistry Level 5 Muscle Maker (increases STR, decreases INT)
    Herbology Level 7 *AND* Chemistry Level 5 Miracle Cure (heals to max)
    Therapeutics Level 7 *AND* Chemistry Level 6 Mental Inhibitor (prevents an enemy from spell casting)
    Herbology Level 7 *AND* Mechanical Level 7 Medical Arachnid (Mechanized Arachnid with healing powers)
    Explosives Level 7 *AND* Mechanical Level 7 Time Bomb

I dare your meager souls to locate me a level five spell with a value of greater significance than these technological wonders.

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

15. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Level five ?! LEVEL ONE! Harm + Dark Helm bug + lotsa fatigue potion

16. UberLord

UberLord New Member

But the adrenaline of finding trash and knowing that it can be processed into a new item is overwhelming. Even if a handgun doesn't make for an instant kill, with the gunsmith skill you will be able to create grenade launchers and repeated rifles. Those are like AK-47s. A fucking AK-47!

Oh, yeah Dark Elf, up yours :minigun:

17. Grossenschwamm

No, DE has you. You might get in a few good hits, but there's no way to block 30,000 hp of damage in one attack.

18. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Yeah, Disintegrate kicks the ass of every other magic or tech thing in the game, but sure as hell it's better than delving knee-deep in trash, no matter how good-smelling it is.

19. Maduk

Maduk New Member

An alcoholic might make things interesting. Or a psychopath, who has very unstable sanity. I played a dwarf with mental problems. If he didn't like someone, that person might find some plastique on his/her morning walk...

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Ever considered the folly of offending someone with admin powers?

Our Host!