Official ToEE Patch Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The Official <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> made patch for <a href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">the Temple of Elemental Evil</a> is currently being tested by Atari Q&A according to the <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com">RPGCodex</a>.
    <br>

<br>
    Apparently, not only does it fix some of the bugs, it includes some extra feature issues such as the identification of items (giving more details in their descriptions once identified) and being able to end combat when monsters are not attacking you.
    <br>

<br>
    So, for those of you who are putting off buying ToEE until the patch comes out, get your cash ready as the patch should be out soon (provided Q&A give it the thumbs up).
    <br>

<br>
    Spotted at the <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com">RPGCodex</a>

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That's great news DU - the patch is badly needed. I guess I don't have to say what number of bugs there are present in this game, I bet you've seen the list at their forums already.

That's grand. I've been quite heavily into the D&D rules so I know what most descriptions mean, but the vast majority don't really know what a longsword +2 really does. Other than that, it would be nice if they included some more detailed descriptions for unique items, preferably the way it's done in the BG/IWD series.

This one is a real bugger. It usually ends if you find another monster and kill it, but it's still very annoying when it happens. Good that they fix this.

ToEE is a great game, but a great game with a good deal of bugs. This patch may push it closer towards what it was supposed to be, and that's all good by me.

...and if Atari doesn't give thumbs up, they'll soon find themselves without thumbs! :realmad:

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

There is something very wrong about this news being at the codex. Seems like they don't really care if Troika gets chewed by Atari for leaking information. If what I assume is right of course.

4. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Jinxed Atari did not give a penny for Toee until very recently ( They do now that it seems that it is selling better than expected)

There was for 4 days a thread at the official TOEE forums named
    Pezman(the atari administrator) you can suck my &*(^ (bad word starting by c))

I do not think they care very much.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Great news seeing as the day when I get my hands on ToEE is drawing nigh. :)

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I know that Chris. Atari is no good when it comes to pr and other things. That's why you need to ask Troika for most news. That's where the Codex got the news, but it was unnoficial and they shouldn't have used it.

7. DarkUnderlord

Same here. :) Now that I have a computer that can actually run the thing, all I need is the patch and ToEE is mine! MINE! MINE!!

If I go strangely AWOL or MIA or some other military term which means something like 'disappearing unexplainedly' at some point in time in the near future, this might be why.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I have ToEE. It's consuming all my spare time at the moment, and I'm in the middle of my exam block. This is not good :).

That said, was having a good deal of fun with my 3-man party (fighter, monk, wizard) until I realised that my Wizard has 17 Wisdom but only 11 Intelligence. ARGH! Now I have to start over, because there's no way I'm continuing with that. Luckily I wasn't too far in, but still...

Oh yeah, it's my unqualified opinion that monks are the coolest class. But that's just me. Fighters are pretty cool as well, considering the amazing amount of feats they get.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Jar, you can roll up new PCs & rotate them in & out of an active party. A book in the Inn in Homett is one place to do this. There is another place somewhere.

10. xento

xento New Member

Out of curiosity, does ToEE come with a level editor? I know it is used a 3d souped up version of the Arcanum engine. It'll probably get alot of fanwork, even if it has no editor, because models will constantly be changed and added by those who are the experts at skinning and modelling.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    With level editor you mean something like the Arcanum WorldEd and the NWN Aurora Toolset?

In that case, it doesn't. Which definately sucks, since it would be neat if some geeks could sacrifice their lives in the editor and provide me with a new module to be consumed with as soon as I finish the original ToEE.

12. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Allright, an official patch, yay for us. Two things, is it going to be compatible with the fan made patch that's already out, and any geeks put out some trainers yet?, I want to play an evil god so badly.

13. DarkUnderlord

Troika have said (in the IRC interview with the Codex) that their number #1 rule for making the patch was to NOT invalidate previous save games. Whether that means it works with the current fan made patch or not, we'll just have to wait and see. Really, we won't know until someone gets their hands on the patch and tests it.

If it's not 100% compatible, rest assured that another fan made patch won't be far away. :)

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

From what I heared from my SSSSâ„¢, (Super Secret Secret Source) the official patch will work with the Co8 one. In respect of not invalidating the savegames. No guarantees though.

Our Host!