Official Arcanum website has been taken down?

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Aug 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

We certainly haven't been able to find it. A search on <a href="http://www.sierra.com/en/home.html">Sierra</a> for it turned up a far less informative page. So, we've done <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/troikagames/">what we did with Troika Games</a>, we've added an archive of Arcanum's official web page up here:
    <br>
    <br><a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/sierra/">http://www.terra-arcanum.com/sierra/</a>
    <br>
    <br>There are some bits missing and it's not perfect but it'll do, I think. Thanks to <b>mathboy</b> for uploading the files.

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I think my version is the best :)

It's very recent and I'm not aware of any modification to the site since the save. Saved with SpiderZilla (HTTrack). Checked for correct (relative) links, and the only bad ones are (yeah, I'm lazy to fix them):

/us/contest/index.html (top frame src, not important)
    /us/news/news-archive.html (something like arcanum.sierra.com/throneofdarkness)
    /us/world/index.html (top frame src, not important)
    (some files contains links to sierra's privacy policy and such: news-overview.html, support-supportmenu.html, top.html)

/us/media/media-movies.html (ftp.sierra.com/arcanum/videos/si_arcanum_trailer_300k.wmv)
    /us/media/media-soundtrack.html (ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/arcanum/other/ *.mp3; music)
    /us/support/support-supportmenu.html (ftp3.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/arcanum_ * _1074.exe)

(and the commented theme pack that httrack didn't save)
    (and the demo that wasn't located at sierra.com)

---

http://uran.extra.hu/tmp/arcanum_sierra ... atches.zip

Here is my version except the demo, the music, the patches and the theme pack.

music (and some other things):
    ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/arcanum/other/

patches:
    ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/arcanum_en_1074.exe
    ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/arcanum_de_1074.exe
    ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/arcanum_fr_1074.exe

theme pack:
    ftp://ftp.edome.net/media/muut/arcanum-themepack.zip

---

3. DarkUnderlord

4. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

5. DarkUnderlord

No, underscores shouldn't matter. Could be I'm having trouble connecting to the server. Hrmm.. I can load the website though...

6. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

"An Unfortunate Affair" has been preserved!
    This pleases me.

I also have an HTTrack download of the site. It seems to have everything apart from the latter pages of the story. Let me know if you still need anything.

It seems that TA is sucking up all the remnants of Arcanum. So everyone be prepared and back up DoA and GameBanshee (are there any others?).

The site being off might not be permanent. This from the German Sierra site:
    The side www.sierra arcanum.de is temporarily not attainable because of maintenance work. Actualization date: 10-08-2006

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I downloaded that program, and set it to work on the atari ToEE page, the Banshee one and DoA, but for some reason it seems to want to download A LOT of atari's forums.

And DU, have we really got the ToEE page here somewhere? If so, where? If not, I could edit your post and no one will know once you've removed this part of mine.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I will, but I won't be doing a damn thing about it.

9. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Just out of curiosity, what will you be doing Richard?
    (Have I missed something?)

Mathboy, how do we access the various backed up pages? (Excluding the news on the front page).
    Perhaps you could add them to the links section, unless they are already there somewhere and I just can't find them.

10. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I haven't uploaded the other pages yet. As long as they don't go offline, I don't see any big hurry, and the page-owner might be a bit unhappy that we are borrowing his pages and stealing ad-money from him.

11. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I meant only the older ones e.g. Troika and Sierra. I was just thinking that when they scroll off the bottom of the news page there won't be any links for them.

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Oh, you can find the Troika one up on the weird menu thing here in the forum (on the top of the site, saying "House of the Lords" in rusty metal letters), if you can't find it, just search the page for "Troika Games" without the "" using your browser's built in search thing (press F3). The Arcanum one will have to wait until DU feels like adding it as I don't know many words of HTML.

13. DarkUnderlord

Actually, you just have to hit the link that says "[ Troika Games ]" in the menu here.

And when I said ToEE, I meant Troika's website. I thought ToEE because of that whole "we need the ToEE images for the page" thing and that caused confusion etc...

14. mathboy

mathboy New Member

15. DarkUnderlord

16. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Is that Troika Games link new?

Also, it doesn't work for me unless I am logged in.
    Strange.

I was thinking that perhaps the (dead) Troika link on the links page out front could be changed to go to the TA Troika archive as I think most people would miss the link in the forum.

17. Vorak

Mastering the universe, what else?

18. DarkUnderlord

19. Vorak

Well right down the bottom of the main terra-arcanum page, there is a link to the troika games site in the disclaimer.

EDIT

And we DO have a links page

Links

I'll be damned.

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

If you look at the Links page now, you might find that there are links to our mirrors of Sierra's Arcanum site, Troika's site and the official ToEE site (which seems to have gone offline). The only thing we aren't hosting is the movies on the ToEE site, so if somebody is able to get them from the Atari site (they are still online there, it would be good).

Our Host!