(Off Topic) Fallout series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Digitalmethod2k, Mar 29, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Digitalmethod2k

Digitalmethod2k New Member

I'm sorry if this isn't the right board to ask this, but I was thinking about buying Fallout and Fallout 2. I just wanted to know if it is worth it? I'm not relatively new to gaming, but I'm new to this type of roleplaying. I loved Arcanum, and wa very addicted to it for several weeks. I happen to stumble on a game that seemed like Arcanum so I am thinking about buying it. Well should I? It's not that much anyways, but I still wanna be sure I'll like it. Maybe there is a place where there is a nice review. I'd like a Url -thanks

2. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I,liked Fallout 2, but I have never played Fallout. I think you should get Fallout 2, but someone else will have to say whether Fallout is worth buying.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If you liked Arcanum, then Fallout will keep you hooked for months.
    see the forum visit the site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2002-03-29 06:33 ]</font>

4. Digitalmethod2k

Well I was reading on the requirments and it said only 30MB space was required! Not a very long game eh?

5. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

It's just an old game, ergo it's small. If you ask me fallout's one of the best games ever - that's both of 'em - Two is a bigger game, but one's story's better, and one has the sweetest ending ever.

For some reason, i'm pretty sure you can get 1 and 2 in a bundle for $10, but I'm not sure where, so I could be wrong. In any case, they're worth whatever you spend.

6. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

It was just made back when it wasn't the industry standard to make the game's so big that you would not be able to put anything else on your hard drive! It relies on the CD.

7. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Hey yeah, you're right, 600mb for a full install - that's huge for (I can't remember what6 year Fallout came out, but i'm pretty sure i had only 1.3Gb of space)..

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Is it worth it you ask? Go and buy it instead of asking such questions - run to the shop now.

BTW just don't buy Fallout:Tactics - it has nothing to do with F1&2 (besides appearance).

As for the length of these games F2 is much longer than F1 though F1 isn't that short in itself. And since these games have extremely high replay value you don't have to worry about their length anyway.

BTW don't even try playing F2 without the patch.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You can play without the patch, and I completed the game several times without it. However, the patch introduces or changes the nature of the problems it was supposed to fix...

Fallout came out in 1996 I believe...possibly 1997? Fallout 2 was out a year or so later. Both games are great, you're going to love them.

10. Xombie

Xombie New Member

Get the bargin bin $10 version. It comes with both Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. Just not the manuals.

11. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i'm about to get my hands on a friends copy of fallout (finally) so i can check it out for myself.

hello and welcome xombie :wavey:

12. Digitalmethod2k

Well I got both of them for 10 bucks on the Interplay site.

13. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

So we can expect not to see you for a while. FO2 had probably the highest addictability of any game that I have played.

14. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

enormous thanks to digital method for mentioning that... i just bought the set, they should be here in a couple days...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] *does the Happy Dance of Joyâ„¢* [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

As a side note DigitalMethod2k, this whole part of the forum is OT.

FO2 is heaps of fun. I've completed it something like 5 or 6 times. The only game I've completed more is Deus Ex, and that's only because it's shorter.

16. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

yes! :smile:

You will like Fallout and Fallout 2. If you decide on playing them both do them in order (1 first, duh).

Great Games.

17. Xombie

Xombie New Member

18. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Go for the real, full games. The manuals are half the fun!
    Seriously.
    Although I never did manage to find that companion manual entitled "How to Eat Rat"...

Our Host!