New Race.- Goblins

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Horvath Van Trapp, Aug 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Eh, the Jinx0r says that it's okay in this forum, cause it's sorta slow. Not up to me.

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

3. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

I think that Arcanum needs some new species, but if is doesnt comp up with any thats ok with me.
    I think that the undead are not so great an idea because there...well...evil. ITs a bad idea for a race to start out evil, a backround can make them evil, but a race? not so much. Pretty much the same thing with goblins
    Idont like the idea of new races, but i think that the best thing would be b like 500000000 more backrounds (my funest part in making a new char is looking thru the tons of backrounds). And more magick items (i could never really find more than 2-3 in any game i played)

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Some of my characters find 2-3 just at the crash site. Sometimes I wonder if people around here have actually played the game.

5. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Goblins are acceptable because there are not many small races in arcanum.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Why is that a reason? There aren't many playable large species in the game either but you don't see anyone seriously writing about being able to play a dragon.

If they were even to include a new minute species for the player, why not one of the many that already exist in the game world? Sewer rats, for example. Cats. Bunny wabbits! Yes! I want to have an RPG where I could be a bunny wabbit! (Yes I'm serious.)

Just randomly inserting new species into the existing fantasy world doesn't make sense. It wouldn't be Arcanum.

7. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Dragons are unacceptable because they fly and it is stupid if they can't
    fly.
    If you want another large race here are some ideas of acceptable races Giants (Ogres evolved from giants) ,Titans,ect

8. Canis

Canis New Member

You're missing the point. Again.

Arcanum is its own self-inclusive fantasy world. You cannot randomly insert species of other fantasy worlds and still have it be Arcanum. There are few things that ruin a good fantasy setting like a bunch of spoiled children trying to cram in as many of their favorite beasts from all their favorite settings as possible. While we're at it, why not make Arronax a Child of Bhaal. It would make as much sense.

Anyway, did it ever occur to you that the dragon does not in fact exist, and that therefore you could have a non-flying dragon in your unique fantasy world if you chose?

9. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Ok i know what you mean but there is actully a living dragon in arcanum and he is a follower he is Kraka-Tur when he got out of the void he might have had children and this created a new race called be created half Dragons.

It's up to sierra if they want to add more races. :razz:

10. Canis

Canis New Member

Kraka-Tur isn't a real dragon, the Void isn't Arcanum, dragons are extinct in Arcanum, and anyway by your own logic (I use the term loosely) if you could have a non-flying dragon follower why not a non-flying dragon PC? Where's the outrage? I'm not feeling it.

11. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I got you there Canis finally i am correct unlike before which you pointed well i am doing it now to you. :D
    Ok now you see Kraka-Tur turned himself into a dragon in Arcanum and got banished to the void so therefore he is still part of Arcanum when he returns to Arcanum and anyway by your own logic you should know that :D :) :eek: :razz:

That is just like someone who was born in one country taking a trip to another and living there.
    even that person is living in another location he is still part of where he came from. :razz:

go to this link i already post that as a new race idea
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9096

12. Canis

Canis New Member

He isn't a dragon. He's a human (IIRC) who turned himself into a dragon. Compare him to the skeleton of Bellerogrim (sp) sometime, see if you can spot the differences.

The Void is a part of the Arcanum the fantasy setting, but it is not part of Arcanum the continent. Things work differently there as you may have noticed.

No sensible person would allow Kraka-Tur to return through the portal to Arcanum. Unless you're doing one of the "dead world" endings, he'd likely be destroyed on arrival by Joachim and Alexander if they have any sense. (Speaking of whom, the Los Angeles production of The Producers is getting poor reviews. Disappointing.)

I honestly don't see the point of adding new species to the world.

13. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

The point of adding new races is that it gives the game more gameplay if you think they should not add any more races then you should play one of those games where you can only use one race!!!!! :-o

because he turned himself into a dragon he became a dragon turning from human to a dragon. :D

You could say he looks different to Bellerogrim because he is a harf dragon also Bellerogrim is a lot older meaning he grew larger and because Bellerogrim was born a dragon he grew to the normal size of one but because Kraka-Tur was human before and his body grew to its max size when he turn himself into a dragon he was the same size as he was a human. :razz:

Kraka-Tur could have children.
    but when they are just born he is killed meaning that the half dragons are created but Kraka-Tur does not get a chance to distroy arcanum. :roll:

14. Ferret

Ferret New Member

If you've ever played the game and faught your way though the Lair of Bellerogrim to get Kraka-Tur's diary then you'd realise that he is infact NOT a dragon by any means.

He was just a cowardly man who wanted power who found a magic scroll that morphed him to give him dragon-like qualities. He is not a dragon and never will be. He just happens to have a dragonesque look about him, as well as the immense strength and appetite.

You can put on a cow suit and moo as much as you like, but whether you like it or not, you are not a cow! :lol:

15. Canis

Canis New Member

PRAISE BE TO THE CUTE AND FLUFFY ONE!!!

Silly me. I thought a good, well-written story that actually takes into account your actions is what provides more and better gameplay. Playing as a new species is often something as trivial as being able to look at a new animation. Ferchrissake stop trying to invent a new game and keep it within the bounds of Arcanum. Discussions like this are about as productive (though less enjoyable) as lying on the grass and trying to spot shapes in the clouds.

16. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Open your mind human.
    people have been playing the old races of ARCANUM FOR A LONG TIME they should add some more races it does not matter if they are playable or non-playable they could add a lot more quests that evolve around them meaning more game play also more unique citys like one for each race..

17. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

he was human but he turned himself into a dragon and he could not turn back into a human meaning that he is now a dragon but he is more like a half dragon if you know what i mean half human and half dragon.
    thats why he does not look like a dragon or human he might have become a new race.

18. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

Undead

Perhaps... Undead need not be a race in an of itself... but, a state of being. Let's someone dies in the game. You use a spell called 'raise as undead' and the person rises as an undead character. They would possess all of their stats, save for -3 intellegence, -2 charisma, +3 strength, and +50% resistance. You would also have -10 reaction. THy would otherwise be the same, and if one of you followers did 'raise as undead' on you, YOU would be undead! Perhaps these 'itellegant zombies' live secluded in hidden villages, fearing discrimination by living people. Kinda rough, random thought... but i just wanna get it out.

19. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

now, you have just commited gravedigging, sinse you are new here, you willl probaly get away with it.
    just do't do it again, eh?

20. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Actually, gravedigging on this forum isn't really bad. The problem is with General Discussion and Hints 'n Tips, mainly.

Our Host!