New Race.- Goblins

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Horvath Van Trapp, Aug 21, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Horvath Van Trapp

Horvath Van Trapp New Member

What about goblins? I mean, they could be a race, as the dwarves or gnomes are. They should get an advantage on Inteligence, Perception and a bonus at Gamble, but less Charisma and Strengh, with -7 reaction modifier.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It'd be nice for a game to get out of the stereo-typical elves, dwarves and humans and go for some races we don't see that often. Arcanum might be able to do it if it was set in a differrent area. IE: Not the continent of Arcanum but a different land far away.

3. Horvath Van Trapp

Horvath Van Trapp New Member

Or perhaps in the same Arcanum, yet they have developed themselves as an apart society. It would be intresting finding one of those where you though there was no one....

4. xento

xento New Member

It does mention Trolls, but doesnt show any. Also, goblins are like orcs, but smaller, and they live in the mountains like dwarves. Very evil....

5. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

The closest thing to trolls is the "troll offspring" background

6. xento

xento New Member

That is what I am referring to.

7. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Yeah Goblins would be a good idea because it would mean playing as a traditionally evil race but........ maybe it would be a good idea if they didn't make all the races as how we see them in things like Lord of the Rings. I think Dark UnderLord might have been saying the same kidna thing
    For example Elvs don't have to be arrogant (as it says in the Arcanum manuel and is shown in lotr) etc..... 3:)

I think the more races, the better (obv not too many) and some made up races would be cool as well 0:)

8. Sauron

Sauron New Member

hmmmmmm... Goblins and trolls dont seem very civil. they world have to be half trolls or half goblins. if i could pick anything to be in Arcanum 2 it world be undead. their intel would be a little lower and their charm and be would be down but their res would be high and during a fight they have a 5 % chance of scaring the enemy team and cause in them a panick over take . and are you dis in Lord Of the Rings?!?

9. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

The part I liked best about Arcanum was its atmosphere. All of the characters, values, items, and to some extent quests were determined by the 19C American/English setting.
    I'd like to see the same thing in the sequel, except a different era and a different country. Perhaps feudal Japan? This would open up new avenues for races - such as goblins - and give us another setting to try out.

10. xento

xento New Member

Well, they should keep the atmosphere as it is in Arcanum. The land should be the same. It would be a big change if suddenly, there were chinese houses. It should stay the same, just maybe, add some other countries' races.

11. InfernalMonkey

InfernalMonkey New Member

Yeah goblins are good idea but maybe if they were a cross of DND Goblins and some of the Goblin units from Warcraft.

12. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Infernal- this thread hasn't been posted in for a few months. Please don't dig up old threads.

13. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Especially if you're not going to actually contribute anything.

14. Sauron

Sauron New Member

Goblins would be cool. But i thnk undead i a good idea. Then they could have funny back rounds. " Your feet were choped off ( -3 dx ) as punishment for murder ( -10 alignment, cant go up ) After your death you were raised by an evil necromancer. You killed him of course and stole everything he had. You start with 600 gold, a magickal staff, and have a chance of terrifing the enemy into a panice attack.

15. Susano

Susano New Member

Well, Im still all for a halfling-gnome hybrid (since elven-human can breed, same must go for thoe two races - all in all halflings are to gnomes what elven are to humans)

Seeing this... halflings are small, gnomes are small goblins are (supposed to be) small... maybe we halfling-gnome hybrids as goblins? :D

16. Sauron

Sauron New Member

but halflings are nice and kind. goblins are mindless beasts. they are sickening! of course i employ them in my servic, but only becuase i feel bad for them and it helps me mantain my Evil rep

17. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

Didn't everyone just agree to distance themselves from stereotypes?

Why can't becoming undead be a condition? like a trait picked up in a really %^&%ed up quest.

DEATH TO ENCUMBRANCE!

18. Immortal_Wombat

Immortal_Wombat New Member

Unless the style of the game changed you couldn't really play as a goblin, them being one of the more animalistic races, (bonus to intelligence? ur avin a larf! i'd go for bonus to dx) U can't even play as Orcs or Ogres in the current version, and they're reguarded with deep suspision as NPCs, imagine trying to play as a goblin.

I support the idea of having goblins in the game, but they just wouldn't work as PCs

19. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Goblins?

They could be half gnome, half orc or something similar.

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Isn't gravedigging a great thing? :x

Our Host!