New Land

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by piff133, Aug 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. piff133

piff133 New Member

Maybe you should start in another, completely different land, and eventualy end up in Arcanum, and reunite with some of the charcters from the current game, possibly at higher levels. (Like the Elite Bow Captian in Dermont, maybe he'd grow a few levels and take that stuck up warroirs' place who is currently my mindlass follwer. (I love the spell that control others, Drain Will or Dominate, I believe. It's been awhile since I played, but started again and don't rememer)

2. xento

xento New Member

Yes, there SHOULD be a new land in Arcanum 2, but you need to start out in Arcanum, otherwise, it would be more about that other land. Unless, something HAPPENED to Arcanum, and you are in a distant land and sent to search for this rumored "Arcanum", but Arcanum 2 needs the same places, but bigger! It also needs more VENDIGROTH and more IRON CLAN! Check here for the ideas I posted there.

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Or it could take place on a new land, where the survivors of Vendigroth went and set up 'Neo-Vendigroth'.

You could then have an Arcanum 2 that runs concurrently with Arcanum, thus negating many of the preblems with a sequel, and you could still end up going to Arcanum at some point.

4. xento

xento New Member

:eek: I thought up that same idea a while ago: Some Vendigroth survivors settled a new land in the name of technology, and then you find them!

5. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

You find them and they're all super-magi, corrupted by Aronnax's magic then, thousands of ships arrive and the Tarant army gets out and attacks you trying to shut you up. You get into a small boat and meet a stowaway from neo-vendigroth. Upon arriving in arcanum your knowledge of vendigroth helps a dark elf plan to raze tarant and take revenge for the forest they lost. Meanwhile the iron clan dwarfs are building a city in the void through the portal but were corrupted by kerghans destruction and want to use the necromizer on vendigroth to revive the dead race and begin a new era of technology.
    Your Quest - kill the dark elf leader and then magnus.
    Hows that for a plot containing a new land, the vendigrothians and the iron clan.

6. xento

xento New Member

Sounds good, buy why have Magnus/Iron Clan be evil? I like the idea of a corrupted Vendigroth wielding magick facing the ressurected Vendigroth wielding Technology! I love it! P.S. Why the necromizer? Why not Vendigroth's re-animator?

7. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Necromizer is found in kerghans labratory, the dwarfs being corrupted by kerghans magic, it just fits.

8. xento

xento New Member

9. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

10. xento

xento New Member

Ah, yes. Are you reffering to that old laboratory that one of the dwarven clans found?

11. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

12. xento

xento New Member

:roll: If you insist. Where is it?

13. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

14. xento

xento New Member

Iron Clan? What about it? The laboratory is in the Iron Clan? Where?

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Actually, it's in the Stonecutter clan on the eastern side of the stonewall range, just south of the Black Mountain mines, and place of lost voices.

16. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I'm fairly sure it's in the Iron Clan, to the far north - if you go through the corridors, you'll find a cavern-type area with a dead end and a crack in the wall. Clicking the crack will take you to Kerghan's Lab.

17. Ferret

Ferret New Member

You're right, but that IS the Stonecutter clan!!!

THe iron clan is the lost clan on the west side of the range.

18. xento

xento New Member

I know that! I thought you meant the Iron Clan! I have been to his lab before. Not much there.... In Arcanum 2, there should be more interactive objects, such as, all that stuff in the lab should be usable.

19. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Another voice to prove you wrong. There's nothing in Iron Clan besides automatons, kickass dwarven armor and some hammer. Kerghan's lab (with necromizer and journal) is in Stonecutter Clan.

Anyway I don't want dwarves to be evil but it could fit. BMC dwarves who returned from the Void settle in Iron clan mines. They find dead king/rechnician and ressurrect him with necromizer which they found in Kerghan's lab in the Void. Due to usage of Necromizer king is evil and he plots to unite with evil Vendigroth. Old Vendigroth seeks alliance and looks for support in Iron Clan (Perhaps also Tarant/Caladon/Dernholm). Sidenote: while at Dernholm that evil ex king wiht his loyal forces should join new-vendigroth. Getting back to story. You get to Iron Clan but discover you're not welcome here. Someone tells the truth about king's intentions and your new task is to get dwarves on your side. You can:

- prove them their king is evil (tough like hell, BMC remnants are still untrusty towards outsiders after what fate elves and fellow dwarves prepared for them)

- Get Wheel Clan king to help you regain control of Iron Clan (also tough, he's the one who agreed to banishment but like no other he now hates seeing dwarves getting manipulated)

- Find long lost reanimator, kill evil king, resurrect him with reanimator.

Anyway in the final battle dwarves, vendigroth and humans unite to fight new vendigroth (overtly powerful - through tech magick combo they have mutants).

Sorry I didn't find a place for elves here. But they don't like getting involved anyway.

Story ends after this final battle or goes on because evil leaders escaped to their continent. Battle was tough so Only a small group joins you in your hunt for them. You arrive ashore of a totally new, unwelcome continent with new races and amazing cities. Enjoy.

Sounds good to me :)

20. xento

xento New Member

:eek: Dark Underlord! What a great story! You should be an author!

Our Host!