(New?) Idea for a character

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by NeoSargatanas, Jul 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. NeoSargatanas

NeoSargatanas New Member

I've been playing around with many builds, and have yet to find one that I like. I'm planning on making this my permanent char for my first run-through, and I would like it rated.

-Female

5: Prowling
    5: Melee
    1: Agility of Fire
    5: Pick Lock
    20: Dexterity
    15-20: Intelligence

-Wears Shadowing Robe/Robe of the Chameleon.
    -Weilds a sword; a katana until it becomes useless.

I'm unsure about the remaining character points and the background. I'm considering Educator, but would still like some ideas. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

To get benefit fron the Shadowing Robes, you need a fair MA. Study magic. You loose MA with lockpick, so don't use direct damage spells as they all get better with high MA. Or take Unlocking Cantrip. You only need to raise your DX to 16, the AoF takes care of 4 points. The Katana never really becomes useless, its high speed makes sure of this.

Look at the 1/2 Elf & 1/2 Orc girls. Try the 1/2 Orc Barbarian* female for some impresive starting stats. (BE & CH are not among them.)

*Name her Violet Morningstar & she will find a nice haul in the smruf chest.[/i]

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

alrigh shady....HOW are you saying to get better stuff from the smurf chest!

Everytime I expect good stuff I get 89 gold!

Now the build...

I guess I've never thought I ever need prowling, I time my runs pretty good with the guards! and with 10 guys/gals running around you, its kinda hard not to get noticed!

I don't need melee/dodge cause I'm never fighting! but persuation gets 5 and charisma gets 20. Like shady said only 16 in dex with AoF. I get 5 in pickpocket but never master (I'm to shy)

sometimes I'm a thrower and when I'm not I stone throw to get the fight started. I keep jayna and magnus around to make things for my party but have them wait when Raven and loghaire join. Got to have the free folloiwers, even though dogs the only one woth anything!

So know we got you more confused that you were?

Parmanian
    Parmanian

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

What you find in every random chest in the game is set by your name, race, sex, & background. I usualy spend an hour or so trying different names & standing entangled by that *&%@#^^ Kite Shaman looking for a good starting haul. Mods can change what you find from the standard game.

Violet Morningstar, 1/2 Orc Barbarian female, finds Charmed Axe, Mace, Chain, & Gloves in the smurf chest. Great battlemage start BTW.

5. Luvian

Luvian New Member

My Half-Elven Female tomboy Khalayna got a Magical Platemail in that chest, and probably some other items I forgot about.

6. NeoSargatanas

NeoSargatanas New Member

I think that the smurf chest items are linked to how realistic (game terms)the name is. There was a faq or something of the sort suggestion Victorian names. Try naming yourself after a character =)

Our Host!