NES Rampage Glitch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDavisChanger, Feb 22, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I just wanted to make the community aware of two things:

1) The NES version of Rampage obviously requires that the players level any and all buildings in a stage to progress to the next stage. What is not obvious is that the stage can also be cleared by eating people as opposed to razing the buildings. Doing so eventually dumps the player to the US map where regions are pounded out of existence, but the map is distorted from the usual graphic. The game proceeds without error, the map display is just a little funky.
    As this does not appear to be mentioned anywhere else on the Internet, I thought I would at least document it here.

2) I am not a bot.

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Make your own YouTube video and inform the world, it's your moral responsibility.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I am positive that one of those two statements are faulty.

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Is not that the game where you can play as King Kong or a giant lizard while destroying buildings et al? I only did play that game at the arcade hall in the 80's or on the Commodore 64/128.

5. TheDavisChanger

Arthgon, 'tis.

Jojobobo, I have shared this glitch at The House should something happen to me before I can reach a broader audience with this information. Should something happen to me, I trust somebody else will spread this knowledge.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re:

I've seen enough movies to know that after hearing something like that, spreading information is the last thing a person valuing his his own life should do.

7. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    What, are you crazy? Spreading the information is the only thing that will keep him alive. If anyone ever asks you "Have you told anyone else about this?" on no account should you answer "No, I came straight to you." The optimum answer is something like "I sent copies of the information in sealed envelopes to ten different lawyers with instructions to forward it to the press upon my death."

Given that Muro is encouraging TDC not to do this, I can only surmise that he is the evil mastermind behind it all.

8. TheDavisChanger

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

10. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Botox doctor discovers one weird old tip to stop babies crying, making stay-at-home moms furious!

11. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Judging by the picture, her "magic trick" didn't provide any substantial amount of happiness. Those joyless eyes. It's easy to imagine a person like that slaughtering a whole school bus of kids without showing the slightest hint of emotions.

Our Host!