Need help in Morrowind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maniac, Jun 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Where is the damn cavern of Milk (Redoran quest to cure some mad lord).

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

no idea, when you find it, let me know, i'm making my way through Ald-Ruhn right now...

3. Maniac

Maniac New Member

It's said the cavern is on the road to MaarGan, a bit north from a crossroad but I can't find it anywhere!!!

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Keep talking, keep talking *scribbles down notes*

I just got Morrowind, but haven't played it yet - I got Fallout 1&2 as well and am currently playing those.

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

It seems no one will help me :cry: and I won't become the leader of redorans :(

P.S. I can't register in the official forums (some fucking error).

6. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Maybe I can help - you've got to give me time though as I haven't yet installed it....

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You are in luck Maniac! For, I have found this cavern! I actually decided to explore it before I joined House Redoran, so I really had no choice when it came to the "Get the cure if you can instead of killing him" bit, but it's okay, because he doesn't mind if you don't bother getting a cure.

The cavern is indeed on a road, however I think it's on the road to Gnaar Mok, and not Maar Gan. I could be wrong on that one. However, I do know that it's on one of those little side roads that only lead to caverns and the like. Sorry, I can't help you with the direction and area though. I'm also fairly sure that it's near-ish the Bitter Coast, because I remember green hills when I found it, so that rules out the Ashlands of Maar Gan I guess. I'm also pretty sure it's just over a very tiny rise next to a main road. When I say tiny, I mean head height. That's the best help I can give, sorry.

8. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Aaahh, Morrowind. I just started playing it. I'm impressed to say the least. I've only just arrived at Bandora (can't remember that city's name).

Any hints on what to do and what to avoid would certainly be welcome.

9. tzehoong

tzehoong New Member

Balmora.

Tip: Learn Alchemy. Major in only 1 weapon/1 armor. Don't run too much.

Avoid dying.

10. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Good tips (although I'm not sure about the running). Also (these can be had easily from withing the game, so aren't spoilers):

Join a guild, or several guilds. They give quests and provide services/equipment/spells more cheaply as your complete the quests and advance your rank.

Practice (i.e. use) all skills as often as possible to increase them (I actually don't like this aspect of the game, but it will help you advance).

Talk to everyone, but don't waste your time talking about every topic on the list. Try to role-play it (i.e. work out the things you might want to talk to particular people about) and you'll unearth most, if not all, useful info.

11. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Thanks for the tips. I do try to roleplay it as much as possible, as i do with most games. I'm using Long Blade and Heavy Armor as my weapon/armor skills, and apart from that Mercantile and Speechcraft, sort of a merchant warrior. Didn't focus much on magic really.

I noticed the somewhat flawed skill progression early, and i do my best to avoid exploiting it.

BTW, what's with the Wizard that fell out of the sky? I haven't tried using his leaping scroll yet, but is there anything special about this guy, other than taking his nice sword?

12. gamenut

gamenut New Member

He drops a diary. Read it and you'll figure out what happened. In other words. DON'T USE THAT SCROLL!!! It fortifies you acrobatics ability by 1000 points , but the effect wears off after i think 7 seconds so you come falling from the sky and die. Sell them. No other use for them.

13. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Well those scrolls are funny...and you can use them:
    1. Fall into water.
    2. Before falling to ground use another one.

Jar thanks for the info. I'll tell you later if it helped.

14. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Retard,

1. You can't really aim.
    2.You only get 3 so you can only do that once.

15. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Retard yourself :p
    1. Well at least I was capable of aiming :p
    2. Yes once but it was fun.

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I'm going to start the game tonight, so can anyone recommend any useful skills\abilities?

Also, which character types\classes\race and which skills\abilities are best in your opinions and why?

17. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I prefer the Redguard race. I also always use a custom class with long blade, medium armor, athletics, and security as some of my favorite skills. Maniac, sorry, I always get you confused with Retard.

18. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Seriously, Ferret, I'd try to role-play this one. All the characters in Morrowind are fairly capable, so you can play any you like. You should probably play to racial slant on your first char, but that's about it. The racial biases are pretty obvious if you read the racial summaries. There is a real danger of making it too easy for yourself with an over-powered character, I think.

Just a couple of things I would say about picking skills:

- you should probably have some kind of weapon skill, even if you're a mage.

- make sure you have an armour skill (light, medium or heavy) or unarmoured, since enemies get up in your face during combat.

19. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Jar Jar: thanks for the info. I finally found it! But it did say "on the way to Maar Gan in my journal" although it was where you said. Thanks again.

gameslut: well I get you mixed up with my blow up d... *ahem* boxing doll.

Ferret: just roleplay it. Only take one of each armor/weapon skill. Enchant is useful. Alchemy is useful for mages.

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

NOOOOOOOO! EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM ME!!! I GOT IT... I GOT.. I GOT...... I GOT MORROWIND FEVER!!!!

This is a highly contagious* condition that results in removing several hours of your life a day.

*and totally non-existent.

PS. Thanks for the advice - I've gone Imperial with longblade, medium armour, block, alchemy and alteration as major skills and merchantile, speechcraft, enchant, security... and something else as my minor skills.

Also, how are you supposed to level up your fighting skills without dying really quickly? I don't seem very competent at the moment.... :(

Our Host!