Nasdrin Dialog Problem

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lethran, Feb 13, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lethran

Lethran New Member

I know this has been addressed, but I can't find the right keyword to find the old thread.

I'm at the real Nasdrin's hut. I get the arguement with Virgil, but when it's my turn to talk, my only choise is "Urgh." This kicks me out of the dialog. The Virgil argument is not enough to trigger the next stage (Tulla/Vendrigoth). My quest log still tells me to find Nasdrin.

I have a 20 charisma and three levels of persuasion, but I am playing idiot savante, so I get stupid dialog boxes. It seems unlikely that Troika would create a pcharacter background with which you can't finish the game.

Am I missing a step? I did the St. Mannox/Durin's Stone thing and went the Stringy Pete route to Thanatos. I've done it this way before, but last time I got the sorceror bubble story.

2. HED854

HED854 New Member

i think there's a patch avaliable to fix this dialog "hole" on t-a's site.

3. Gonk

Gonk New Member

I believe that fix adds a few missing sentences, but perhaps it corrects that too?

4. pdsullivan

pdsullivan New Member

First solution-try having Virgil wait outside his hut and then strike up the conversation.

If all else fails solution, kill Ka'an Hua (spelling?) and then Nasrudin. These are the two people who have the power to send you to the Void. By killing the last of the two, you are transported on their death into the Void. Make sure you are ready to do so before this though, and like I said, its a last resort. I've heard tale that doing so sends you there without your followers but do not know so from experience.

5. Milo

Milo New Member

My first time through the game, I killed Nasrudin just for the hell of it. I saved my game first, though.

I was instantly transported to the Void. Not all of my followers left me. Only the ones who couldn't stand the fact that I murdered an "innocent" person. Good ole Dog and (I think) Virgil stayed with me.

Everything was fine up until the end boss. I couldn't kill him, because I never got the Vendigroth device. Or if it was possible to kill him, I never figured out how. I'd beat on his ass until he was almost dead, then he'd go into his shell thingy and regenerate. Repeat ad naseum. Finally I just said screw it, restored my save, and got to the void the normal way.

6. Gonk

Gonk New Member

How do you get to Ka'an Hua? Do you have to follow the evil path?

7. HED854

HED854 New Member

yes you have to follow the evil path.

Our Host!