My Name

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Madness, Jul 3, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Which mosque does he mean, not the Red Mosque???.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I have no idea, your best bet would be to ask him, but even that'd be a long shot.

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Charles never said that. And he hasn't bee active here in along time, which is too bad, because he was pretty cool .

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Charles always comes back. Evil of such magnitude never dies, it only takes a nap.

5. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

There is a saying, that the Good cannot life without Evil.

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I'm pretter sure it's "Good can't live without evil".

besides, just because you have to have evil to see the goodness dosn't mean you ahve to tear a hole in hell and let all the demons out, does it?

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Hot damn that fail was awesome.

8. wobbler

9. Wolfsbane

Denial comes first.

10. Xz

Yah....

11. wobbler

Hot damn, from now on I really have to check my posts through. Real sorry about that...

12. Wolfsbane

13. Dark Elf

Media:
    That might very well be the first piece of comprehensible English I've seen coming your way wobbler. Spelling and formatting does wonders. You know what they say, proper capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my Uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse".

14. wobbler

Yea... But that one is fun thou.

The problem is that I don't notice when I make major mistakes, wich probaly is a direct cause of me writing to fast and not checking my posts. But from now on I am taking longer time writing my posts.

Hopefully you wont see this piece of crap as spam, but I felt that I had to say something.

15. Xz

*It's not a cause of, it's caused by.

16. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

See, the problem with shoddy posts in threads is that those posts are the only means by which we have to judge your quality. If you (or anyone) writes a poorly formatted, typo rich, useless piece of crap post nine times out of ten, that is all we know about you.

To me, a poorly written *anything* is a sign of poor intelligence or a lack of concern over quality. Why should I respect anyone who presents themselves in such a manner? The text in my signature is very much relevant here. It if for this exact reason that I very much hate people who type in "leet" speak or use numbers in words (like "any1" or "2gether"). All it does is make you look retarded and incapable of regular speech.

The only legitimate excuse is that if English isn't your first or strongest language, but even then marked signs of improvement are usually noticed over time.

17. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Philes, you know it's bad form to allow a typo to sneak past you when you're railing on the grammar and spelling of another. Tsk tsk.

18. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Found it! Seriously, though, how often does that happen? In respect to how little English has been posted by Wobbler, this typo doesn't even exist.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    The important thing people should remember is that this isn't some sort of live discussion. It's a forum, which kinda implies that you have all the time in the world composing those posts. Therefore, there's no real excuse why you can't make an effort to write properly or at least decorate your words with some proper formatting. Deep down, it's a question of respect. If you can't respect us enough to write properly, then why should we respect you?

20. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Many people nowdays actually lack the skill to compose any kind of message longer then two paragraphs, and I don't mean becouse they've no idea what a paragraph is.

Also the language is usually not the problem, remembering my distant hi-school days I recall having people in class that had serious difficulty putting together a few words to describe a book they've read, and even more problems commiting to paper whatever they came up with.

My point being that live chats and SMS messages might've been the highest form of written message some people *points Arthgon* coming here have ever written before.

Also the idea of forums requiring posters to actually _think_ before they post might appear so frightening (and distant) they simply chose not to acknowlege it.

Our Host!